2.5 groceries

After finishing breakfast, Gus and I got some fresh clothes. Gus wears some grey shorts with a white t-shirt and a short sleeve shirt with some flowers on it.
I grabbed a white hoodie, with a blue jeans jacket and some black pants.

Originally, we were finished but Vee reminded us of our ears. I took another look around and I notice a red winter hat. Reminds me of Flapjack. While I put it on, Gus looks at his hands, thoughtfully.

"I wonder...does magic work in the human realm?" Says Gus before looking at me.

"I don't know. I can't work magic either way." I say while taking a short look at myself in the mirror. I like the red winter hat.

Gus takes a look into the mirror too and he draws a little circle into the air. That was also the first time we tried out if magic works in the human realm. He used his illusion magic to hide his pointy ears and as a matter of fact, it really worked.

"Good to know." I mumble and Gus smiles happily.

"Like a real human boy!!!" Says Gus impressed, causing me to smile softly. So, now that the both of us ready, Flapjack and Gus' Palisman land on our shoulders and we walk back to the living room and we met Vee there. She now looks like Luz, even though like a different kind of Luz.

"Are you ready?" Asks Vee us and we nod. Camila walks into the living room and she gives Vee a little pocket.

"Here's the money and a list. Remember, come back if you feel overwhelmed or scared." Says Camila while looking at me and Gus.

"Don't worry, Camila. We will be fine." Says Gus and he smiles at her. Camila smiles a little at him before looking at me.

"You too, Cariño?" I look at her and give her a nod.

"I will." She looks at me for a while before sighing quietly and nodding.

So, the three of us leave the house and we make our way to the store.

{}

By now, we left the store. It worked quite well, the store was a little confusing, but we managed with Vee's help.

We carry some bags filled with groceries through the town, Gus is looking around exited, asking Vee all kind of things while she tries her best to answer everything. I'm just following them, watching them with a smile. They are both really adorable. And it looks like I was able to convince Vee a little after some guy pushed them in the store and I...well made him apologize. At first, I tried to talk to him normally and after he laughed it off...well it's not so important what happened afterwards. I guess I'm still a little too much like the 'Golden Guard'.

I continue to follow them when Flapjack starts to chirp on my head.

"Flapjack?" I say confused and I continue to follow Vee and Gus, walking ahead of us. Suddenly, he flies off my head and I stop. "Wait, Flapjack!!" I immediately run after him and I see him flying towards a strange stature.

"Hey, Idiot where are you going??" I hear Vee yell.

"Hunter, why are you running??" I hear Gus yell my name. I keep on following Flapjack, I can't loose him here! Not him too!

Not again.

Luckily, he stops at the stature of two persons and he lands on the head of the one person. I look up to him, confused. Why would he fly over here?

"Flapjack, what are you doing?? Come down here!" I say, looking up to him upset. He just sits on that persons head, chirping and not moving an inch. I sigh quietly and look down, that's when I notice a plague and on that plague a familiar symbol.

"N-No way..." I mumble, dropping the bags with groceries on the ground. I kneel down, staring at that plague, Gus and Vee walked up to me and they look at me worried. Well, at least Gus does.

That means...

"What's wrong? Need a break?" I hear Vee ask annoyed, maybe a little worried, but I keep on staring at the plague.

It really means...

"That's...the symbol...of the Golden Guard..." I mumble quietly and with a shaking voice. I hear both Vee and Gus gasp and I look up to the stature. "Two humans...and the symbol of the Golden Guard...that means..." I keep on staring at the two persons, Flapjack sits on the left person's head, and the person on the right...looks very familiar.

Painfully familiar.

"Uncle..." I mumble and my body starts to tremble. Vee and Gus gasp too.

"It can't be!! Why would there be a stature of Belos here??" Says Gus and Vee stares at the stature in fear.

"There's a legend... back in the 1600s, two brothers were "lured" away by a witch, they were never seen again..." Mumbles Vee and I hear Gus gasp quietly. Looks like he understood what I already realized. The smiliarity is too big to not notice it.

"Of course..." I mumble quietly, I stand up and clench my hands into fists. "How could I be so naive." I look up to Flapjack. "You were his Palisman, weren't you?" I say and both Vee and Gus look at me while Flapjack chirps quietly. "You really were.." I mumble and I lower my head again. "I was so oblivious. I was just too happy to think a Palisman would choose me. They are so many great witches out there, and the thought that you would choose me over all the others made me incredibly happy. But of course...no wonder you choose me if you were Caleb's Palisman." I turn around and walk away a couple of meters, turned with my back to all of them. By now, Flapjack flew down from the head of the stature, he landed on the podest and he chirps sadly. "After all...
'Out of all the Grimwalkers, I looked the most like him.', right?"

Why else would anyone choose me.

"H-Hunter..." stutters Gus, Flapjack chirps even louder. I usually understand him, but now, I just don't want to listen to him. I'm standing there, with my back turned to them. I close my eyes, my whole body shivers and before I knew, I started to run away. I hear all of them yell my name, but I won't stop.

That's the right decision. Nobody wants you. Not even your best friend wanted you for who you are.

"Shut up!!!" I yell, rather to myself, and continue to run.