33. Day

[Edric's POV]

So, this is it.

Today's the Day of Unity.

Today will be the Day, Belos will use the draining spell to wipe out all magic and return to the Human realm.

Darius. Raine, Eda and the others already left to work out their plan.

All of us waited for them to leave and once they were gone, we gathered on the airship Kikimora left at our house.

Right now, I'm talking to my sisters when Em takes a short look at Hunter, talking to Gus and Willow and preparing the ship.

"When are you finally gonna ask him out?" Asks she and I look at her with big eyes and blushing a little.

"Wait, I thought you already did?" Says Mittens and Em chuckles.

"Nope. He's scared of what Hunter's gonna say." Explains Em and Mittens looks at me with a raised eyebrow while I just stare on the ground.

"Why would you be scared? Isn't it obvious that he likes you?" Says Mittens and I sigh quitly.

"I mean, it's the first time he's interacting with people his age. Maybe he thinks it's normal to act like that around me. He has most of the time trouble reading social clues. I don't want to confuse him."

Em sighs quietly. "Didn't you say he noticed the rather close way Dad and Darius talk to each other? I don't think he's that cluesless how you think he is." Mittens nods agreeing and I sigh quietly.

"Yeah, you're right...look, he's got a lot to worry right now especially with his Uncle and what we're about to do. I will ask him once all of this is over, okay?" I say and they smile at me and nod.

"Good, you better do that or I will snatch him from you." Says Em laughing. Mittens and I also join in her laughter.

We continued to prepare everything and once we're finished all of us got on board of the airship. "Everyone ready?" Asks Hunter, standing in front of the control panel and looking at us. We all give him a short nod and he turns around again, grabbing a lever.

"Alright. Let's go." He pulls the lever down along with flipping some switches, pressing some
buttons and shortly afterwards the airship starts to fly into the air.

"Huh. We're lucky Hunter knows how to use that thing." Says King and all of us nod. We look to Hunter, standing in front of the steering wheel and steering the ship in silence.

"I'd do everything to know what's on his mind right now..." I mumble, earning a couple of views from my friends.

We travel the next few minutes in silence, making our way towards the place the draining spell will take place on.

"Alright, Hunter said Belos will be at the portal once he activated the draining spell. Hunter, Emira, Gus and King will watch the Head Witches and see if their plan works out. If not, they will contact Edric, Willow, Amity and me and we will go and fight Belos to stop the spell." Explains Luz and all of us nod understanding. I take a short look at Em, Gus and King.

"Keep Hunter away from Belos and that spell. He is needed for it and is planned to be sacrificed. So, take care of him." The three of them nod and I take a short look at Hunter, still steering the ship in silence.

Minutes later we arrive at the mountain the spell is happening at. Luz, Willow, Mittens and I, we all get on our staffes and we look at the others.

"Call us if something happens and watch each others back." Says Willow and the others nod. I see Hunter walking up to me and he looks at me worried.

"Please be careful." Says Hunter to me, he gives me a little kiss on the cheek and then walks back to Emira, Gus and King.

I watch Hunter walk over to them, I placed one hand on my cheek and I feel it heating up. Blushing, I turn around on my staff and fly ahead.

"C-Come on, let's go kick some butt!!" The others chuckle quietly and they follow me on their staffes.

As we're flying on our staffes, I still touch my cheek with my hand, blushing and smiling like crazy.

Only then I notice Luz and Mittens, both flying next to me and smirking at me. Once I notice them, I turn even a brighter red and I look at them embarrassed.

"W-What??" I ask and both of them chuckle.

"That was sooo adorable." Says Luz and Mittens nods.

"Yeah, and looks like he's the one to make the first move!" Laughs Mittens.

I growl quietly and I speed up a little, leaving the chuckling two behind me. I see Willow flying up to me and she smiles at me.

"Don't listen to them. You two are going forward. It's not important how or in which speed, but it's going forward. I'm happy for the two of you." I look at her and I smile slightly.

So, now feeling even more determined, we make our way towards the Emperor's lair.