~Sudden Attack~

TAEHYUNG'S POV:-

I like to work in the garden since childhood. That's one thing I learned from Dad because he loved spending time with his precious plants. He used to do the gardening work for the castle so when he got banished, I have taken his place and start caring for the plants.

Although I am not good as him, it still feels good to be around nature as it makes me believe that my Dad is always with me. It's not a secret that I have always been a daddy's boy. Maybe it's the omega of him that makes him so gentle with me from the start.

I don't even realize that I am crying till the water droplets fall on my muddy hands. I quickly wipe my face with the clothes that is lying on the ground and start working on the soil to make it ready for the new seeds to be planted.

"Where is my coffee?" Felix, the Royal Beta asks.

"Sorry, I didn't see the time." I answer timidly.

"Make it quick." He says scrolling through his phone.

"Just give me two minutes. The coffee will be ready." I reply hurrying out of the garden to go to the kitchen to make his coffee.

I can hear footsteps coming inside and by the smell, I know it's Felix. He is the only one who doesn't scold me or insult me. It's not like we're friends or he respects me, he is just a quiet person who only talks when needed. He used to be a good friend of mine but after the death of Jackson, he has stopped talking to me like a friend. For him, I am only a pack member. I don't even know if he blames me for his best friend's Jackson's death like everyone does.

"Here is your coffee, Royal Beta." I let out holding the cup in front of him.

"Hmm." He replies and gets out of there with the cup.

I sigh with relief when I notice that I don't have any more work left in the kitchen. So, I decide to go to the garden where I was working earlier. After coming into the garden, I take the seeds of Carnation or Dianthus and start preparing the soil. This is the correct season to plant this flower as it's now October which is a winter month.

One hour working in the garden, I am done planting the seeds of the flower. Although I am quite dirty and have to take another shower, I don't mind spending some alone time here where no one is around to taunt me or disturb me. I clean my hands and feet with plain water before walking inside the castle as I have to prepare dinner for everyone.

However, I stop dead in my track when the emergency alarm starts ringing indicating that we are under attack. I quickly walk inside and notice that the warriors are barking orders to everyone to get inside the safe room which is an undergraduate basement type area.

"What are you doing standing there like a fucking statue?" Someone snaps at me making me gulp in fear.

"I am going to check on the others." I reply but a hand stops me.

"You are the Luna Queen so you need to defend your people." Princess Abigail says coming out of nowhere. But I don't know how to do that because I have never been in a situation like this. All the trainings that I got before the coronation ceremony is long forgotten.

"H-o-w?" I ask scaredly but all I get is a slap in the face making me fall to the ground.

"Stop talking you stupid bitch. You are the reason why we are under attack and I will be damn if I let you leave peacefully if anything happens to our people." Catherine threatens before marching out of the castle along with other warriors.

This is not new that I am being blamed for something that I don't have idea of. Whenever there is a problematic situation occurs, Catherine and others start blaming me. I wipe my tears and get up from the floor before walking towards the safe room to ensure that everyone who is not capable of fighting are inside the room. Upon arriving at the doorway of the room, I notice that the pups are being coddled by their moms while the elders are busy talking about various things. Looks like they are not a bit worried about the sudden attack. The six warriors who are outside guiding the room ask me to get inside.

I want to go inside but I don't because I want to see who has the nerve to attack the Royal Moon Pack. So, with that thought in mind, I run towards my bedroom from where I can see the outside pretty well. I am panting when I reach my room but that doesn't stop me from opening the window to look at the attacker.

However, my eyes widen when I see the thousands of wolves surrounding the castle. Now I know that this is not a simple attack, it's a fully planned attack or why will there be so many wolves outside the castle. My heart is beating so fast that I think I am about to get a heart attack.

I should be outside helping others but here I am, watching them fight like a coward. I think Catherine and others are right to call me a failure. I didn't get to save my mate then how I can think that I can save my people.

"I am not feeling good about this attack." Riley, my wolf says out of nowhere making me overwhelm. It's been nearly months since he has talked to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask worriedly.

"I think something big is going to happen, like something that can destroy everything or cure everything." He replies.

This is the most he has talked to me in these three years. We used to be the closest thing to each other but now I don't even know when everything will be okay between us.

"How are you?" I asked trying hard not to cry.

"It's none of your business." He replies harshly.

I don't talk further knowing how angry he can get. After the death of our mate, he has become angrier and short-tempered. He only talks to me when it comes to some extremely serious matter.

Suddenly, I hear a blood-curdling scream from outside so I look at the source to see that Abigail is lying dead on the grass. I feel vomit claws out of my throat seeing the blood gushing out of her stomach which is completely torn out. But before I can go inside the bathroom, the lights turn off making it completely dark.

Still, I try to locate the bathroom by roaming my hands around but trip on a hard surface making me fall to the ground. Just then I feel a presence inside the room. I ask for Riley's help through the mind link but all I get is a snarl in return.

I try to get up from the floor but a hand wrap around my mouth making it unable for me to scream for help. I struggle to get out of the hold but that only makes the person hold me more tightly. I can tell that the person holding me is not putting much effort so I think I can take him down if I try. So, I stop struggling to make him think that I have no energy left in me but the moment his hold loses on me, I jab my elbow on his stomach hardly. Instantly he lets go of me.

I go to punch him but he holds both of my hands and stick something in my neck making me stumble on my feet. I touch my neck and notice an injection being pushed. I snatch the injection but I think the liquid inside it has already started to work. Because the next thing I know I am swinging side by side feeling light-headed.

"Alpha will be pleased to see you." This is the last thing I heard before darkness engulfs me completely.