~Baby Faith~

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I am clutching Faith close to my chest because she has heard about the rogue attack from one of the older kids and that has put her in a complete panic mood.

"Her body temperature is rising so I think she has fever. We should take her to the pack healer directly before going home." Melissa the caretaker of the orphanage replies.

"Okay, I will inform Jimin right away." I tell her and mind link Jimin about Faith who in return tell me that she will keep everything ready for checkup.

Soon, we reach the packhouse and both of us rush towards the medical wing where Jimin is waiting for us with other two healers. Upon arriving there, they take Faith from me and go inside the examination room.

"Don't worry, she will be alright Luna." Melissa says from beside me.

"I hope that too or I don't know what I will do." I let out while running my hand through my hair in frustration.

"I will kill those mutts for hurting my pup." Riley growls in my head pacing back and forth like the deadly predator he is.

"Your pup?" I ask wide eyes.

"Yes, my pup because I have accepted as my own long time ago." He says retreating back in the back of my head but still lookout for any threat.

After what feels like forever a nurse come out of the examination room and asks us to get inside. Both Melissa and I walk inside to see that there is an IV attached to Faith left hand making Riley growls loudly but I hold her back knowing whatever Jimin and his team has done is for the betterment of the little girl.

"She has fever but it's not so bad to worry much. However, I think she is extremely terrified and that's bad because I don't know how she will react after waking up. For now, I have given her the necessary medicine but please keep in mind that she is more fragile than she looks so keep close eye on her." Jimin says.

"When can we take her home?" Melissa asks running her fingers through Faith's curls.

"Tomorrow morning because I think it will be better if we keep her here tonight." Jimin replies before asking one of the nurses to keep checking on the IV drops.

"Thank you for your help." I tell him in which he waves his hands.

"You don't have to thank me, Tae. Faith is so precious to everyone in this pack and we can do anything to make her feel better. By the way, I have to go now as I have other patients to check." By saying this he goes out of there.

"You should go the orphanage. I will be here with Faith." I tell Melissa.

"Umm, can I stay here too?" She asks not looking at me.

"I don't think it will look good if we both stay here. Also, you are looking tired so you go and take some rest. If needed I will tell you." I remark making her nod her head in response.

"I think there is something no one is telling us about Faith." Riley says just as I lie down on the sofa which is available on the hospital room.

"What do you mean?" I ask not understanding the meaning behind his words.

"How can this little girl get so much scared just by hearing about the rogue? There has to be something that was bothering her." He replies pacing back and forth while releasing light growls.

"Hmmm, that's a good point. I will ask Jungkook about it tomorrow." I tell him.

I try to sleep but that little girl's terrified face is not leaving my mind. After a lot of tossing and turning on the bed, I sit up and release a breath. I look at the clock which is situated on the bedside table to see that it's three in the morning but too early to disturb Jungkook by mind linking him.