~Rogue Attack~

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"...that's why she is so timid around other kids." Jimin explains about Faith's situation.

Faith was born from two omega parents who died a few in a car accident a few months after their daughter born. Many tried to adopt the few month old pup seeing there are a lot of couple who couldn't have kids but no one could hold her more than five minutes before she started crying. So, at the end it is decided that she will be raised in the pack orphanage by caretaker.

That's why everyone in the playground seemed shocked seeing her in my lap without crying. May be because of my status of Luna, she felt safe with me. Apparently, many thinks that she will be an omega seeing her nature, also both of her parents were omega. I don't care about that because right now I am thinking about something else.

She is only 3 years old and need someone to call parents. If she feels safe with me then I can adopt her as my daughter but before that I have to talk to Jungkook about it. He is my mate as well as the Alpha of this pack so before taking any decision, I have to let him know what I want to do.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jimin asks making me look at him to see that he is staring at me with worry-filled eyes.

"I am alright and sorry for spacing out. I was just thinking about something." I reply smiling at him assuringly.

"I think I know what you're thinking about which is to adopt Faith and let me tell you, Jungkook has the same idea as yours." He says making my mouth agape in shock because I didn't imagine that my mate wants the same thing as me.

"Seriously? You are not joking, right?" I ask because I don't want this to be a joke.

"No, I am not joking. Actually, before you Jungkook was the only who can pick up Faith without her having any meltdown. Not only that, he is the one who named her Faith as per her parents' wish because like everyone, Jungkook gave them a place to live. He wanted to adopt her a long time ago but duo to not having his mate by his side, he couldn't because taking care of a child is not any easy task. But now that you are here and Faith seems to like you a lot, both you and Jungkook can discuss freely about adopting the little girl." He explains making me sigh in relief.

"Thank you so much for clarifying my doubts." I tell him.

"Believe it or not but you are like a little brother to me so don't thank me for every little thing." He replies ruffling my hair while I glare at him playfully.

"Stop messing with my hair." I grumble but all he does is laugh wickedly.

"I will never because it makes you look like a bird nest." He remarks and runs away from there before I can beat him.

I huff in irritation but smile nonetheless because I am sure if I had an older brother or younger brother, he would have done the same too. Now, I all that is left to talk to Jungkook about adopting Faith.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I really don't understand how can the shy little Faith has gotten so close to Taehyung in just a day. Usually, she doesn't like to talk to the pack members although they love her so much but it seems the situation is completely different with my mate.

Right now, I am going through some papers related to the pack's financial aids. It's a lot of work to look after so many members alone and sometimes I want to escape from my duties. But then I realize that I can't do that because everyone is dependent on me at the end of the day.

Uncle Oliver used to help me a lot before with the paperwork but now, I have to look after everything alone. Namjoon and Yungi tries to help as much as they can but I don't like to put pressure on them knowing they deserve some free time.