Everything will be ok - Alexia Putellas

Prompt - it's your first camp back with the national team after the birth of your child.

*

You had been struggling in vain for the past fifteen minutes to find the specific toy that you knew your son liked, but with very little success.

Time was ticking down before you had to leave for camp and several factors had you on high alert, number one being that you were leaving your baby for the first time since giving birth, closely followed by the fact you were returning to the national team.

Barcelona had been super supportive of you and allowed you to take Gael with you to your first games back, something you would be forever grateful for, getting to spend the first few months with him pretty much 24/7.

"Y/N let's go! My mum is expecting us any time now and we need to get to Madrid!" Alexia shouts, "I'm coming, I'm just trying to find Gael's toy" you reply, rummaging through drawers.

You hear footsteps in the hall and the Barcelona captain pokes her head around the door, "you mean this one" she smirks, holding up the giraffe.

"Yeah, that one".

Sighing, you close everything you had opened and shut the door of the nursery behind you, "breathe mi amor" Alexia brings her hands up to your waist, pulling you in, "it's going to be ok. Scary, but ok" she says, her gaze never leaving yours.

"We're going to mi madre. Her and Alba will take Gael and we will go to Madrid and spend time with our teammates. We will FaceTime Alba every day and then after the week is up, we will come back to Barcelona, collect our son and come home. Ok?".

You nod, "sí, that's sounds good".

"Good" Alexia smiles, pressing a quick kiss to your lips.

She takes your hand in hers, the two of you walking towards the front door, the midfielder tucking the giraffe away in the bag and slipping it over her shoulder, carefully picking up the car seat so as not to wake your sleeping son.

"Are you ready?" she asks her eyes meeting yours, stretching out her hand which you gladly take, "I think so" you glance, taking one last look to make sure you hadn't left anything.

"Let's go" you smile and let Alexia lead you out of the apartment.

*

"Are you going to be ok with all this?" you ask, your eyes flicking between your mother and sister-in-law.

"Are you?".

Alba's whit earns her a swift smack round the head from Alexia and a half-hearted warning from their mother, "we'll be fine cariño. I think you're forgetting I raised these two and they turned out perfectly fine" Eli smiles and you don't miss the scowls both her daughters give her.

"Me and this pequeño are going to get along just fine" she says, beaming at her grandchild who is still fast asleep, "him and Alba, well that's a totally different story...".

"Dios mío" Alba rolls her eyes, "you'd think I'd never looked after a baby before".

"You haven't" Alexia retorts.

"Go, we'll be fine" Eli says, pushing you out the door as you remind the older woman you're only a phone call away, Alexia laughing at her mothers antics before she tugs you back into the waiting taxi, one hand holding yours while the other rests comfortably on your thigh.

A few tears start to fall as you feel the weight of leaving Gael for longer than ten minutes, crash down around you.

"Mi amor?" Alexia asks worried, "lo siento" you sniffle, "it's just I've never been away from him for this long, I don't know how I'm going to cope".

"Don't apologise. The first time I had to leave both of you for training, I was absolutely terrified and made one of the staff stand at the side of the pitch with my phone in case anything happened and you needed me to come home" the captain explains, pulling you into her.

"It's going be scary, but it will be ok. Alba and my mum will take good care of him, you know that" she says, "plus, everyone is dying to see you again and you know they will want to look at pictures of Gael, especially Leila".

You laugh.

"That's true. That girl does love babies".

Alexia kisses your temple and you start to relax a little, "remember Irene will be there, so you can ask her all about leaving Mateo and any worries you have, I'm sure she's had them too".

"You're right. It's going to be ok".

"It is and at the end of it, we have a beautiful son to come home to".

*

The week seems to pass in a blur of press conferences, team meetings, storytelling, few difficult training sessions and plenty of FaceTimes with Alba and before you know it, it's time to head home.

"I promise you, it will all be worth it once you hold him again" Irene says.

"I hope so".

She laughs, "I know so, now stop hanging around and get back home".

You thank the defender for all her kindness during the week before finding Alexia and the two of you make your way out of the station and towards your taxi.

Once again, you are full of emotion but this time it's anxiety about reconnecting with your baby, a little bit of excitement tossed in there too. Alexia senses your distress and reaches out a hand to stop your knee from bouncing, leaving it there as an offer for you to place yours on top.

You connect your fingers and silently watch the city flash by, your mind only on one thing.

"Mi tesoro".

Your eyes go straight to the little boy in Alba's arms, taking him from her and cradling him to you, not particularly bothered about the fact your stood on the doorstep. Eli pushes her youngest out of the way and ushers you inside, not wanting either you or Gael to catch a cold with Alexia bringing up the rear.

"How was he?".

"An angel" Eli smiles, "so perfect and calm that even Alba has taken a liken to him".

Alexia snickers, "really?" she directs the question at her sister, who nods, "uh-huh. I am definitely going to be the cool auntie, I don't think I'm going to be able to say no to him" she coos.

"Tell that to Leila" the midfielder mutters and you throw her a look, your gaze returning to your son as you feel him wiggle in your arms.

"Hola mi amor".

You press a kiss to his forehead, "I'm back now and I'm not going anywhere. Me and your mama are so proud of you for behaving for your abuela and your auntie Alba. Yes, yes we are" you smile when Gael opens his eyes slightly.

Unknown to you, Alexia and Eli are having a silent conversation with their eyes and all your girlfriend can think as she sits next to you and your son, is how she wants to be with you for the rest of her life.

*