Min kärlek - Stina Blackstenius

REQUESTED
Prompt - Stina and R are hesitant to admit their feelings for fear of losing one another

*

Stina and you had always been close.

Ever since you met nearly ten years ago on your first national team camp when you knew next to nothing about each other and Stina tripped over her suitcase in the hotel reception in front of everyone. You were the only one who offered to help her up and you were firm friends from then on, the forward often rooming with you on camp, the two of you becoming inseparable.

You coincidentally joined Linköping on the same day, something neither of you would forget because this time it was you tripping over in your first training session and Stina helping you up from the grass.

Playing on the same club team became a common occurrence, the two of you moving to France in 2017 where you seemed to settle better than Stina did, something that you still feel guilty about to this day but despite that, the both of you were called upon for the World Cup.

Following your bronze medal, you returned to Sweden and Linköping however Stina did not return to her previous form and less than a year later, you were on the move again, this time to Göteborg and the team that was now BK Häcken.

There was something that drew you to each other and you never knew exactly what it was but now as you sat comparing the two offers you'd received, it felt like you were being pulled in opposite directions.

"I'm not going to stop you from leaving, if you want to go..." you start but Stina shakes her head, "why not? Arsenal is a good choice. You said just the other day that the WSL is the best league at the minute" you explain, "everyone seems to be going there, I think you'd be a fool to turn it down".

The forward doesn't reply, hands resting on the side as she stares aimlessly into space, "I know this will be difficult but Barcelona isn't that far away and there's always FaceTime..." you trail off at the sound of crying.

"Kärlek... jag är ledsen".

You wrap your arms around Stina and hold her as she sobs, muttering something about how she didn't want to leave you and gripping tightly on to your shirt, "when do you have to make a decision by?" you ask, already knowing the answer thanks to the two of you sharing the same agent.

"Next week" Stina gulps.

"I know this is hard for both of us, but I really think you should go. You are going to grow so much and develop so much as a player under Jonas. I think this is a really smart move for you" you say, blinking back your own tears at the thought of being nearly a thousand miles apart from your best friend.

Stina untangles herself from you and turns back to the pieces of paper on the counter, "at least Frida is there" she laughs weakly.

You don't know how to reply so instead you stay silent, watching the forward run through your predicament in her head, reaching over to take her hand in yours, "I will support you, whatever you chose to do".

"Jag vet".

*

Being away from Stina, perhaps not for the longest ever but certainly longer than normal, was extremely difficult because you were so used to having her around, especially after living in the same apartment and coming home alone from training or a game felt a little weird, even after two months in Spain.

Woso Imagines जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें