What if I'd really hurt her? - Alexia Putellas

Prompt - what about Alexia accidentally fouling reader hard at practice? How would they both and the team react?
A/n: yet another dump of ficlets from Tumblr.

*

"Mierda".

You cry out, holding the ankle that Alexia just put her studs through, "mi amor. Are you ok? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to catch you that hard..." the midfielder rambles on, not paying any attention to the fact you've actually almost got to your feet.

"Ale" you say putting a hand on her forearm, "Alexia" you try again but the captain is too wrapped up in her head.

"Alexia Putellas Segura".

You smirk when the sound of her full name finally stops her rambling, her brown eyes finally meeting yours, "I'm ok" you smile as her eyes rake your body, "you're ok" she replies. "You're ok" she repeats this time cupping your face in her hands and peppering kisses all over your cheeks before pulling you into a bone crushing hug.

"Alright Ale, let the girl breathe" Jenni steps in.

"Lo siento mi amor".

Alexia steps back, holding you at arms length, eyes searching for any sign that you might be in pain, "are you sure you're ok? It was a pretty hard tackle" she says, eyes never leaving yours, "I'm fine Ale, it looked worse than it was" you reply, trying to reassure her.

"Do you want to sit out for a bit? Put some ice on your ankle?" one of the medics asks.

"Sí, that's a good idea. Go and do that" Alexia nods frantically, trying to push you towards the sideline, "I'm fine honestly" you state walking, albeit gingerly on your ankle to try and prove you can carry on.

You hiss slightly as your foot comes into contact with an uneven patch of grass, nearly falling but the captains arms are there to catch you. She gives you a sad but knowing glance, "alright I'm going" you say, hands raised in a surrender as the medic offers their body for you to put your weight on.

They help you to the side and apply some ice to your throbbing ankle, informing you that they don't think it's a good idea for you to return.

"No shit" you laugh.

Meanwhile thoughts are running through Alexia's head faster than Claudia could run, replaying her mistimed tackle over and over again until she feels a strong hand on her shoulder, "stop overthinking it".

"I can't Jenni. What if I'd really hurt her?" Alexia replies.

The forward sighs, "but you didn't".

"But what if I had".

Jenni pinches the bridge of her nose, "you can't think about the ifs and buts Ale. Y/N is ok, she is a strong player and she will be just fine".

*

"How is your ankle feeling mi amor?".

You smile at your girlfriends concern, pressing a soft kiss to her temple and tugging her closer into your side, "it's ok. Still a little sore but nothing some rest won't solve".

"I was really worried I'd hurt you bad" Alexia sighs, now sitting up to look at you better, "I could never forgive myself if I'd seriously hurt you" she says, eyes conveying nothing but a strong, powerful love that takes your breathe away.

"You didn't Ale. It's ok" you reach out to stroke her cheek.

The midfielder leans into your touch, turning her head to kiss the inside of your palm while your other draws soft circles on her forearm, "will you be able to play this weekend?" she asks and you shake your head, "they suggested I rest up for this game but I should be back for next one. Anyway you'll be just fine without me".

"I will?".

You nod, "of course you will. You're Alexia Putellas, captain of Barcelona, Balon D'or winner, FIFA's Best Player of the Year. What is there that you can't do?" you smile, "protect you. Wrap you up in bubble wrap and keep you from harm" Alexia says sadly, "well no one can do that" you smirk, earning a light slap on the chest.

"Ow. Ale, that really hurt my ankle" you wince, playing along but only to earn a scowl from the midfielder and another light slap, "you're fine".

"Am not".

She rolls her eyes at your sarcasm and goes to move off the sofa but you pull her back by the wrist, wrapping your arms around her so she can't go anywhere, "what happened to worried Alexia?".

"She went away" she replies, wriggling in an attempt to escape your grasp, which only makes you squeeze harder.

"Liar".

You're statement rings true when she stops attempting to escape and relaxes into your hold, the two of you comforted by the others breathing, slowly lulling you both to sleep.

*