Baby Fever - Guro Reiten

Prompt - would you write guro x reader with baby fever please
A/n: taken from my tumblr, thought I'd throw a few ficlets on here

*

"Oh my goodness would you look at how cute that baby is!!" you coo, grasping at your girlfriends arm as she follows your line of sight and unsurprisingly only contributes a small hum in agreement.

You continue list off the features that you find most adorable, not caring about the cooling food on your plate, Guro or even your teammates, all of whom are used to this routine by now and have mastered the art of tuning you out.

As stupid as it sounds, you could sit and look at babies all day, there was so much to learn from how they interacted and explored the world, it was a joy and you would never tire of it.

"I don't know how you do it" Erin comments.
"Do what?" Guro's head whips around, "keep her from going over there and picking it up" she smirks, watching as you excitedly drag Magda into the conversation.

The Norwegian shrugs not really knowing what to say, secretly and although she would ever admit it, the winger finds the way you interact with babies in particular extremely sweet. Her heart swells and it fills her body with warmth, knowing that she can't wait to have those moments with hopefully your own children, but it's also extremely overwhelming.
Guro's mind often runs away from her and replaces those nice thoughts with deeper, darker ones,
however certain she is that you would jump at the chance to share such a bond in a heartbeat.

However there's that one niggling part of her brain that she can never quite shy away from.

It's only a few days later when she's watching you fuss over Melanie's little boy does Guro realise all the lies she'd been telling herself are completely false.

"Oh Melly, he's gorgeous" you whisper, gently brushing the top of his head with your hand, "you can hold him if you like" she suggests, laughing at how eager you are to take up the empty seat next to her. The boy squirms as his mother hands him over but then relaxes into your hold, tiny fingers curling round just one of your own, breathing matching your own, Melanie commenting on how much of a natural you are.

"She's had lots of practise".

Guro's voice makes you jump a little, you had forgotten all about everyone else, which was unusual because whenever you were lucky enough to be in this position, the only thought running through your mind was how good of a mother your girlfriend would make.

Glancing up at her, you do not expect the look that greets you, so much love and adoration in her eyes that tells you both that you're exactly where you need to be.

Pulling up a chair, Guro wraps one arm around your body while the other plays with the finger the boy has now latched on to, leaving your own hand free to squeeze the one at your waist, "can we have one of these some day?" you ask.

"One day elske, I promise".

*