No longer friends pt. 2 - Jill Roord

Prompt - can R and Jill rekindle their relationship?
*

"I'll play... but only if you tell me the reason you joined Wolfsburg".

You stare at Jill, "what do you mean?" you ask, fully aware that you should be heading back out onto the pitch, "I thought my question was obvious" she frowns.

"It wasn't a question".

"Ok, I'll rephrase it. Why did you come here, why Wolfsburg? I heard you had offers from countries all over Europe, even America. What is so special that made you want to come here... and don't give me some bullshit excuse y/n, I want the truth" she states, her voice shaking with anger.

You hadn't noticed but the midfielder is so close that her face is only millimetres from yours and you hesitate for a fraction of a second, "the money" you swallow, "I came here for the money. Wolfsburg pay well, you know that".

Jill steps back a little, the same fire still raging in her eyes, "happy now?" you ask as the rest of your teammates start appearing from the changing room.

"For now".

You don't realise you've been in holding in a breath until she's out of sight and you finally relax, Dom giving you a small smile as she accompanies you to the pitch, "I see you got her to change her mind" she says, "I might have lied through my teeth just a little" you grimace as the stadium announces Jill's substitution.

"Do you think I did the right thing coming here?" you ask your former Arsenal teammate, "my time here just seems to have been tainted by lies, most of them aimed at Jill".

Your eyes follow the midfielder as she jogs into position and even though she can feel you looking at her, she refuses to turn around and acknowledge you, instead focusing straight ahead.

"Only you can decide whether it was the right move for you or not y/n. I don't agree with you lying to a teammate but you have to do what's best for you and if that includes lying to Jill rather then telling her the real reason you joined, which I suspect isn't the money then I have no qualms about it" Dom explains.

"Dank je wel".

The defender sends you a small nod, "but for now, we have more important things to to focus on, like getting this win".

*

You can't decide whether telling Jill your news is a good idea or not, but you know she'll have seen the announcement, she is in the squad after all but you aren't sure how she will take it.

Telling her after training is always an option however your plan is interrupted when Lynn and Shanice burst into the locker room singing both the Dutch national anthem while holding a flag they'd managed to find somewhere.

"Gefeliciteerd!!" Lynn grins, clearly unable to contain her excitement and almost knocking you over with the speed at with which she hugs you, "dank je wel".

Dom, while happy for you, can't help but frown, "I didn't know you were eligible to play for us y/n?" she questions, "uh-huh, I applied for citizenship when I was at Twente and got it a few years ago. I've had a dual passport for about three or four years".

She smiles but the next question out her mouth is a particularly hard one for you to swallow, "does Jill know?".

"Do I know what?".

The entire room seems to fall silent and you are hesitant to turn around and share your news until Lynn does it for you, "y/n got her first call up for the Oranjeleeuwinnen!" she beams at her friend, smile fading as she looks between the two of you.