You again - Leila Ouahabi

Prompt - you run into the very person you tried to escape from.

*

Running away from people and places you loved was something you had perfected over the years.

First it was your childhood club after the manager had lied to you, something which followed you to several other clubs before things got messy and you had explored relationships with teammates, settling for one night stands with girls you picked up in bars.

That was until you moved to Barcelona and you realised that you had to start taking things seriously again, taking football seriously again.

The move was possibly the best thing you had done in your entire career, because that was where you met the two people who would become the most important in your life, the people who you knew you needed, wanted to change for.

Vicky very quickly became the mentor you never knew you needed, as she was the person to pick you up after every bad pass or shot off target and tell you to keep going, she was there when you needed advice on how to improve your game but most importantly she was there to comfort you when you felt as though you made every mistake in the world.

Leila on the other hand, was very similar to you.

It was a well known thing in the football world that she had had relationships with several of the Barca squad and this prompted you to keep your distance for the few months, hesitant to get to know the defender in case you slipped into your old ways.

You needn't have worried because when you did finally approach her and while she portrayed this funny, outgoing persona, once the mask dropped and as you got to know her, her down to Earth, introverted self really shone through and your shared experiences brought you closer together than you ever thought you could be.

While you had developed feelings for Leila over the course of your time in Barcelona and while you were aware the two were talking, it almost felt like a betrayal when she posted a picture with the goalkeeper on a night out in Madrid.

Her getting together with Misa stung you more than you'd like to ever admit, partly because it seemingly happened overnight.

You shared your thoughts with Vicky the next day and planned a course of action that involved never telling anybody but the midfielder about your feelings for Leila and also about her relationship, for fear of repercussions that you couldn't control.

The end of the season and therefore the end of your contract, rolled around and that's how you came to find yourself in the middle of Manchester, having just signed for the blue side of the city and escaping Spain and Leila as quickly as you could.

Your apartment was a mess, however.

Boxes littered the floor, Vicky was coming to pick you up in less than twenty minutes and you were in no way ready to meet the team as most of your clothes were still packed away somewhere in your room.

Knowing your mentor wouldn't be very happy to see the state you were in, you tried to make things better but evidently made them much worse. You hope because of your swift exit from your motherland, that Vicky wouldn't be too angry with you and maybe even help you sort some of the mess out.

A quick knock tells you the midfielder has arrived and you sheepishly open the door, cowering behind it slightly as she enters, "ay dios mio, what happened cariño?" she asks, picking a path through the destruction, "lo siento, I'm not as organised as you" you admit sheepishly.