Favourite view - Kerstin Casparij

Prompt - inspired by the fact I might have died a little when I saw her abs the other day

*

You'd never been a fan of abs... until you met Kerstin. She'd joined you at City after the Euros and you were both in happy relationships... until you weren't. You'd never looked at the defender as anyone other than a teammate and in time a friend... until she wasn't.

It all started when Kerstin came into training one day post break up, seemingly glowing more than the day before and you don't know what it was but something switched inside you.

She wasn't wearing anything different or done anything different with her hair but the way she walked into the changing room caught your attention for some reason. You did your best to hide it, keeping your eyes down, focusing on tying your shoelaces even rooting around in your locker for the best part of five minutes looking for nothing just to distract yourself.

As soon as you thought the coast was clear, you'd turned around and were met with the sight of Kerstin half dressed in a sports bra and shorts, abs on full display and knew you were a goner.

The Dutchwoman had raised an eyebrow at you as a form of asking if you were ok and you'd hastily muttered a reply before darting from the room and out onto the safety of the pitch.

To this day, it remained your girlfriends favourite story to tell about the two of you, to anyone and anything with ears, at any chance she got, even if they had heard the story before and she spoke about it as if it was her first time and expected everyone to have the same reaction regardless.

"Liefje, heb je mijn trainingstopje gezien?".

"No, have you tried the very back of the wardrobe?".

You're met with silence, Kiwi purring contentedly on your lap, happily returning to your book and reading a few pages before you hear footsteps approaching, "find it?" you ask, not moving your eyes from the page.

"No but I think I found something much much better" Kerstin answers, detecting just the smallest hint of smugness in her voice, you lift your eyes just to be greeted by perhaps your favourite sight of all, "like what you see?" she smirks, pleased with how you've been rendered speechless for the umpteenth time in your short relationship.

She was definitely flexing the muscles, not that you were complaining, her abs had quickly become your favourite body part along with her legs and ridiculously sharp jawline... "earth to y/n, are you in there?" she laughs.

"Huh? Sorry I got a little distracted" you smile softly, shaking yourself out of your little daydream, "I noticed. But I think we better get a move on if you don't want to be late to training again schatje" your girlfriend suggests, abs on full display as she leans down to kiss you.

"That was one time!" you retort, barely able to meet her in the kiss, too distracted by what was in front of you, "could definitely happen again though" you mutter, reaching out a hand to trace the ridges carved into her stomach. The defender shakes her head, "no can do, training awaits. Let's go!" she holds out her hands, waiting for you to take them and then pulls you up so you're level with her.

She spins you around and pushes you towards your back, "vamos mi amor".

"You've been spending too much time with Leila and Laia" you chuckle, "guilty as charged" the Dutchwoman holds her hands up in surrender as your eyes begin to wander again, unconsciously reaching for the spare shirt in your bag and throwing it, catching her square in the face.

"Put some clothes on Casparij, only I'm allowed to see those abs" you state as Kerstin stares you down, "or what?" she presses, trying to push her luck, "you know what" you casually retort, throwing the bag over your shoulder and chancing a glance at your girlfriend whose eyes looked like they might just jump from her head.

"You wouldn't?!" she gasps, "try me. Now come on or we'll be late to training".