Bored - Ana-Maria Crnogorčević

Prompt - nothing much just that I wrote it while I was bored out of my mind

*

You were bored. So bored that you were starting to feel sick because you were so wound up about not having found anything to occupy your mind.

Your girlfriend was no help either.

She'd spent the day recovering from her match the night before, sleeping in later than usual and tumbling out of bed around noon to make herself a coffee and a bagel, then having the audacity to cudde up on the sofa while you'd already been awake for hours.

You weren't a footballer like Ana-Maria, you worked as a content creator and it was actually how you met but you didn't have any content to make leaving with little to do but lie spreadeagled on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

"Schatz are you ok?".

"No"

The forward laughs, "is that why you're on the floor?" she cocks her head at you, "estoy aburrida" you reply, not taking your eyes off the chosen spot on the ceiling. "Have you even tried to do anything?" she asks and you move your gaze to hers, "if I had do you think I'd be lying on the floor with nothing to do?" you retort.

She smiles softly, retreating for a second before joining you on the rug, a thigh brushing up against your own and a hand reaching out to entwine your pinkie fingers.

"Ugh I just wish there was something!!" you sigh, rubbing your free hand over your face, coming to rest over your eyes, "it's ok to be bored cariño, sometimes it's the only thing you can do" Ana explains, "but I hate it!" you protest, turning your head towards the Swiss woman to find her already looking at you.

"Perhaps I can find you something? That you haven't already thought of?" she suggests and your girlfriend starts listing every household chore she could think of, even the most obscure but you put her down with every new idea.

"Amor meu, how am I supposed to help you if you've already done them?" she asks.

"Now you understand!" you laugh.

Her head falls back, eyes returning to the ceiling but not even five seconds later Ana shoots back up again, turning to face you, the forward propping her head on her hand, "I can think of one thing you haven't tried yet" she grins. You turn your body, mirroring her position, "oh yeah? And what's that?" you ask, playing her game and not expecting what is about to come next.

Ana shuffles closer and you take the hint, moving  so she can wrap her arms around you, letting you bury your face in the crook of her neck and slowly begin to relax with each soft beat of her heart.

"Cuddles with you are the best".

"That may be true but lying on the floor definitely isn't, let's move cari".

You peel yourself away and patiently wait for the forward to settle herself on the sofa, opening up her arms for you to sink into, getting comfortable on her chest and pressing an ear in just the right place to continue listening to her heartbeat. She starts tracing shapes on your back, pressing kisses into your temple and gently humming along to an unknown song, "how about you get some sleep?" she mutters.

You nod, slowly feeling yourself getting drowsier by the minute, "it's ok amor, I got you. Te amo" she presses another kiss to your skin, "t'estimo" another kiss and finally "ich liebe dich".