Campeón - Deyna Castellanos

Prompt - Would love another deyna ficlet maybe where deyna surprises reader at champions league final.

*

Your mind was already spinning with questions, despite knowing you still had to get through the trophy presentation: was Deyna here or had she not come at all? Would she be proud of you? All these thoughts swirling around until a strong hand came down your shoulder, "you ok, kiddo?" Lucy asks and you shake your head.

She laughs, "you just won the champions league for the first time, you should look a little happier" she jokes, "I just wanna know if she's here" you admit, fiddling with the hem of your shirt.

"Can I tell you something?" Lucy says and you nod eagerly, "she's been here the whole time".

Your pretty sure your eyes couldn't have popped out of their sockets any more, head now on a swivel as you scanned the crowd for your girlfriend unsuccessfully before settling back on Lucy, "I hate you" you scowl, pushing her gently but ever the clown, the defender exaggerates it and falls onto the pitch.

"Oh come on!" you roll your eyes, laughing and dragging her into the guard of honour for Wolfsburg.

Receiving your medal is something, getting to kiss the trophy is even better but seeing Alexia lift the piece of metal over her head, golden streamers raining down around you, you do think anything can really top that. That is of course until you go over to celebrate with the fans, Coti x Coti playing in the background as you celebrate with your teammates, several of them dispersing into the crowd to find family members and friends.

"Where is she?" you turn to Lucy, as the defender scans the crowd for a minute, 'looking' for the Venezuelan before pointing her out.

Within seconds, you hop the boarding between pitch and seats, running down the little gap and eventually stopping in front of your girlfriend. It's almost as if time stands still, like it's just the two of you, alone in the stadium as your breath catches in your throat when you notice the Barcelona shirt she is wearing.

Not wasting any more time, you pull her into a hug and bury your face in her neck, soaking in this moment that is just yours and yours alone.

"Hola cariño".

Deyna smiles, bringing her hands up to cup your face and wiping away the tears, "you're really here" you blurt out, "si claro, mi corazón. I wouldn't have missed it for the world" she explains, leaning down to kiss you softly, the remnants of salty tears on your lips.

*