Love is all around - Mapi Leon

Prompt - R doesn't believe in love and Mapi attempts to prove otherwise

*

Film nights had a deep rooted history amongst the Barcelona squad and tonight, Alexia had handed the prestigious honour of picking said film to four of the team guiri's, you included.

"Remind me why we're watching this again?" Patri asks, not too pleased at being made to watch an English speaking film as Frida, with the help of Ingrid, explain a rough version of the plot. You can't help but roll your eyes however, "as long as you ignore the obviousness of everything" you chip in but before you can go explaining your dislike, Ana cuts you off.

"Not a fan?" Alexia asks.

You shake your head "not in the least".

That happens to be when the Norwegian interrupts and tells everyone the reason you dislike the film is because you don't believe in love which leads to a whole load of questions from your teammates and while you reply best you can, Mapi watches on conflicted.

She is both confused and intrigued at the same time, how could someone not believe in love? There were examples of it all around every single day that you were bound to notice, as well as the several couples on the team but she still couldn't understand why you were so against it.

"How can someone not believe in love?" she eventually whispers to Alexia, "I don't know Mapi, maybe she's had her heart broken in the past or her parents divorced, or maybe she simply doesn't believe in it" she shrugs.

The defender isn't satisfied with the answer but doesn't pry anymore and eventually everyone has asked enough questions and fallen silent enough for Ana to start the film.

Around half way through, you shift a little, still squashed between your teammate and the end of the sofa and look around to see most of the team enjoying it, as well as the teams couples snuggled up which makes you feel a little sick to say the least.

Not surprisingly, the sex scenes were a big hit although you did spare Claudia, reaching down to cover her eyes at one point, however you did have to admit to your favourite scene and your impression of the same scene has your teammates laughing and Mapi more intrigued than ever.

"I know what you're thinking" Alexia whispers.

"Qué? You know I don't think Ale, my flings are proof enough of that" she replies, roasting herself, "I mean it María, if y/n doesn't believe in love, she doesn't believe in it and it's not your job to try and change her mind" the captain frowns, knowing exactly what is running through her friends head.

Mapi smirks, "who said I was planning on doing anything of the sort?".

*

Over the course of the next few weeks, unbeknownst to you and despite many scowls from Alexia, the defender starts to put her plan into motion.

At first, you don't notice anything different with Mapi or the way she is behaving, it just seems that she wants to be around you more than usual. The defender is constantly opening doors for, even if she has to jog to catch up to you, she is the first one to wish you bon día and the first to hand you a drink during training, doing anything she can to be close to you.

You start to notice something is going on when your favourite sweets start appearing in your locker.

At first, it's once a week but it quickly turns into a daily occurrence and it's not just sweets either, your favourite Spanish pastries start making an appearance too.

Once, you forget your jacket while on a pre-match walk and Mapi is the first to offer hers up, despite the fact you see her shivering afterwards and while you simply think it's your teammate being her usual charming self, Alexia knows it's more than that and scowls every time she sees her friends scheming.