Right place, wrong time pt. 3 - Alexia Putellas

Prompt - Alexia and R attempt to reconcile.

*

Another two months had passed and you were still keeping your distance from Alexia, perhaps more so than before.

While she was still very anti-social and keeping herself to herself, the captain had started to attend a few dinners with the team which you were often dragged to by Mapi, meaning you had to spend more time around Alexia than you would have liked.

To everyone else however, it seemed like you went to every length to avoid her and in a way, it was true.

Whenever she was at the training ground you made a point to avoid the gym, unless you had to of course and you avoided staying behind or getting in early so as to avoid bumping into her alone.

You'd honestly lost count of the amount of ways you avoided the captain and deep down you knew you couldn't avoid her forever or hide your feelings, but it was easier to push them away and focus on football and football only.

"Y/N watch out!!".

You duck just in time, as a miscued ball from Frido flies over your head, "what is with you lately?" Aitana asks, missing the look Mapi gives Patri, "I'm just a bit tired, I've not been sleeping well" you half-lie, juggling the stray ball under your foot.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she asks but you shake your head, "gracias Tana" you mutter before turning and heading inside, choosing not to look at any of your teammates and especially not Mapi.

What you didn't bank on was walking straight into Alexia as she exited the locker room, "lo siento".

"Y/N" her voice waivers but you don't give her the time of day, even when she lays a hand on your arm, removing yourself from the situation as quickly as possible, almost tripping over your own feet as you head for your locker and then the showers.

You hear her call your name several times before you let the water wash over you, your mind totally blank.

Before you joined Arsenal, your every thought was of Alexia but when you moved, you got rather good at wiping your mind, needing to separate the experience.

It was no different now as you listened for the locker room door to close before you letting out a breath you didn't realise you were holding in.

*

"I think I'm losing my mind" Alexia sighs, "you most certainly are not" Mapi laughs, watching the way the captain's face contorts before she pauses the film, letting silence fill the room.

"Talk to me Ale, we don't talk anymore. You're either at rehab or at home and don't argue with me about coming out to dinner, you just sit on your phone most of the time" she scolds, forcing a slight smile from her friend before Alexia's frown returns.

"Qué tienes en mente?" she asks before changing her mind, "actually don't answer that... I already know it's Y/N".

Alexia drops her gaze to the cushion in her lap and starts picking at it, "I hardly see her anymore and when I do, she doesn't even want to acknowledge me, let alone speak to me" she admits.

"I just want to go back to a time, like before she left... we used to talk everyday and excluding when she was in England, this is the longest we've gone without speaking" the midfielder sniffles as she blinks back the tears.

"I just want the old Y/N back".

"I'm not sure that's possible" Mapi says, "the old Y/N and the old Alexia are long gone but you can still fix this, I'm sure of it".