Vol 1 Chapter 2: Monster befriends demon

Today is my second day at AHNS and already I'm having fun. I'm so glad that my mother told me about this school. I looked over at my phone to check the time and it was 4:45 am, "Kiyotaka is probably waiting for me, let me get ready now."

After quickly brushing my teeth and grabbing my water out of the fridge I dashed to the emergency stairs and made my way downstairs. "Took you long enough."

"Sorry I overslept. I was just very tired from yesterday, the night before I couldn't sleep due to anticipation." This was the truth, I had been so excited I didn't get a wink of sleep on the night before school. "How many laps have you done so far?"

"5 laps."

"5! That's gotta be a world record or something." He barely looks out of breath too, he truly is a demon.

"Come let's go back to the field and run." He said while jogging slowly. I had to do this from 4:30 to 5:30 but today I was late. I wonder when he'll ever become fatigued. Ayanokoji calculated that if you were to run around the outskirts of the field next to our dorm it would be about a mile. He set me a goal of 10 times but since I arrived late. "Your goal today is 7-8 times, that's not bad for an above-average human."

"Sure got any tips?"

"Don't outpace yourself, if you see me run by you don't get discouraged. If you learn to pace yourself and become one with your body while doing this you'll see your body improving in many ways aside from just physically." I see. So this is like meditation or something similar but with running. "With that let's go." And he sped off.

It was finally 5:30 and I was able to just barely do 8 laps. "*Huff* *Huff* How do you do it?"

"My cardio is limitless, don't worry about me. What you need to focus on is your next exercise." I was dying but I decided to not let that show anymore and just get on with his exercises.

"What's next then Kiyo?"

"Start with 300 diamond push-ups."

"HUHHHHHH?!" He looks dead serious too, or maybe that's his poker face.

"I'm just kidding, do 300 regular pushups and 500 situps." He's gonna kill me. Luckily I used to do 250 push-ups so it's not too far off.

After 45 minutes of me struggling I finally finished my 300 push-ups and 500 sit-ups. If I was being honest the only thing keeping me up right now is determination, if it wasn't for that I would be out cold.

"Now last thing, a 3-minute plank. After you're done with that you should be fine to go back up." Currently, it is 6:15 am so I have plenty of time to rest before school.

"Okay start the timer... NOW!" I got into position and held still. At times I wanted to drop others. I wished I had refused to take his offer to train me but luckily those thoughts helped since they made the time go quicker.

*insert apple timer alarm*

"Whew!" I instantly dropped onto the concrete floor. At this time you could see people heading to the gym just before classes to get their morning workout. "Oh yeah Kiyo what's your excuse for me not going to the gym?"

"First of all, I want to train early in the morning, second of all I don't want people to see your progress, and lastly if I train you in private it's more efficient plus I hate people staring." Fair play. Yesterday Kiyotaka and I went and bought dumbbells and a bench. They are gonna deliver them to my room and set it up while I'm in class. "Don't forget, Study starts at 6 pm and ends at 8 pm then your second workout starts at 9 pm till 10:30 pm after that you sleep, rinse and repeat. You're lucky to be blessed with low REM cells like me, so that should help."