Vol 4.5 Chapter 1: Unexpected Secrets

So this is summer vacation on campus. It's overrated, the island was way better.

"I wonder what Honami is up to," I whispered to myself as I put down my pen and closed my diary. She did text me a few hours ago saying she was going to pop around. but she hasn't arrived yet. Maybe she's been kidnapped. Eh, we're on a school campus, something like that wouldn't happen.

Maybe I should've accepted Chiaki's invitation to play Go with her or maybe I should've invited Yuuichi over to discuss things. I still feel bad for undermining his intelligence and making a plan all by myself. When we became a duo, it was a rule to never make a plan without telling the other person and I broke it. Ever since he hasn't spoken to me and it's surprisingly irking me.

"I should stop beating myself up about it, I'll deal with it when the time comes." Standing up from my desk, I walked over to my mirror and examined myself. "My face feels softer," I noted before lifting up my baggy sweater to examine my body. "I've gotten bulkier, but not by a large amount. I'm still pretty lean for the most part." I commented as I ran a finger across my pecks. "Mentally, I feel stronger too," I continued, rubbing my temple to signify my growing mind. "I wonder if Honami likes guys who are bulkier or guys who are lean. I could ask her, but she'll immediately say anything is fine. So..." Taking out my phone I hovered over a familiar number.

"Kiyotaka? What's up?" An innocent voice answered.

"Haruka, what's your preferred body type for a man?" I asked with genuine curiosity.

"Erm... I... Lean? I don't really know, nor do I really care, but I prefer when a guy is lean, it makes him look athletic." Haruka responded.

"Ah right, thanks," I said before hanging up. "If Honami likes lean guys, I would need to decrease my calorie intake and make my training more endurance-based. It's quite upsetting though, I was starting to enjoy my high larger meals and heavier weight training." I sighed. "Maybe I should ask Suzune." I thought out loud as I pressed the green phone button to call her.

"Kiyotaka, is something wrong, why are you calling me out of the blue?" Why is she so negative?

"Suzune, what's your preferred body type for a man?"

Pausing for a moment, Suzune exhaled and then answered my question, "I don't care. A man's body doesn't really matter that much to me as long as he isn't morbidly obese." She replied.

"So would you rather be a bulky man or a lean man?"

"A lot of women may disagree, but I prefer bulkier guys, but not too over the top. Like bulky enough for everyone to notice, but not bulky enough for it to be popping out and it's got a lot of big bulging veins showing." She answered, giving me a better idea of what she liked.

"So like Koenji?" I responded, thinking of his big aesthetic frame.

"Yeah like his, but he's ugly." She replied, making me pause.

"I see, well thanks, I'm gonna hang up now."

"Bye." She said before hanging up the phone.

Now that I have two opinions of what women like, I should ask a third, but the third one should be someone who's void of pop culture and likes whatever they want to like. That means I can't call Chiaki, Kei, Maria... "Actually, she's perfect." Scrolling down my contacts list, I found the person I was looking for and called them.

"Kiyotaka I'm out with Chie right now, what do you need?" Did I just intrude on a girls' day out? Oh well.

"I'll make it quick, can you tell me what figure you desire on a man."