Vol 1 Chapter 5: A deal with the devil

"I would like to announce Koenji Rokusuke as an official leader of Class D," It's been a day since my encounter with Roku, (a lil nickname I made for Koenji since Yuuichi won't be saying Koenji) my face feels a lot better, it's still sore in some places but it's better than I thought it would be. My body isn't in the greatest of conditions either, but it'll have to suffice.

"So he's finally helping."

"Welcome Koenji."

"Katagiri-kun is surely something, he was able to convince Koenji." Good vibes were everywhere. I thought the class would be a little sour due to my condition but they seemed fine.

When I arrived in class earlier, everyone was wondering why I had plasters all over my face. I told the class I had an altercation with Roku but I said I provoked him, which was the truth. I spared them the details and just hammered into their heads that it wasn't his fault. Maybe everyone could become friends with Roku one day.

"Now that we have 6 leaders, do you know what that means?" The class began to speculate.

"We're ready to attack other classes." Kiyotaka stated, answering Yuuichi's question. "Yuuichi and I already have a plan to ally ourselves with Class B. Is anyone in here against us doing that?" Everyone was looking at each other and no one had any complaints.

"Is that Sawaragi and Ichinose's class?"

"Yes it is, do you guys have any complaints?" No one was upset by our decision, this allowed us to proceed with our plan. Chabashira-sensei was in the corner of the room with a smirk plastered on her face. She was happy to see us thrive.

"Now for people who are struggling more than most, Roku is willing to take over and tutor you guys." People started chuckling over his nickname.

"Are there any problems with my nickname? You should be grateful I'm even helping any of you." Still, he had his attitude, this caused the class to erupt and say stuff about Roku. "You're all just jealous I'm better than you!" He wasn't making his situation any better.

"Do we have to work under him?" Ike said throughout all the commotion.

"Yes, he's an extremely high-quality student. You guys must follow him, whenever Kiyotaka and I aren't here, you have to listen to him." I informed them, agitating Horikita.

"What are you talking about, I thought I was 3rd in command?" She asked me with an upset expression.

"You were but, Roku is just more qualified, sorry Horikita," I tried to calm her down and it worked, in a weird way.

"I guess I'll just have to show you I'm better than him."

"That's unexpected from you." She looked at me with a confused face.

"Did you expect me to throw a tantrum, I'm not a kid." She scoffed.

"Well before homeroom ends everyone here are your leaders." All six of us bowed in front of the whole class. To be completely honest, there were only 4 real ones here, if you wanted to be generous to Horikita. Hirata and Kushida are only here because they're more involved with all the students in the class unlike the rest of us.

(5.2)

Lunch had just begun and I was about to make my way over to the cafeteria to eat with Ichinose since she wanted to eat lunch with me, unfortunately, I was stopped by one of my classmates.

"Hey erm, Ayanokoji-kun, can I talk with you quickly?" Matsushita Chiaki, that was the name of the girl who stopped me.

"Sure." I pulled out my phone and texted Ichinose, I told her I'll be late and she responded with a thumbs up. "Alright let's go."