CHAPTER 1

Two Years Later...

"Andrew, my man." I saw Cole waving at me. He looked his usual self. Ruffled dark brown hair, emerald eyes, casually dressed in a white T, baseball jacket and black jeans. Every eye in the bar was on him. He had a thing with the ladies as well. His charismatic charm and bad boy look had made him famous.

"Long time, No see." His voice was too loud and the strong smell of alcohol lingered in the air.

"Hey Cole." We shook hands and he sat beside me.

"Where have you vanished? No phone calls. No emails. I was lucky to bump into you today."

"I've just been caught up in work. I had gone to Greece for some business."

"Woo Hoo! Greece! Man we have a lot of catching up to do. But before we start..." He turned away and called out to the waiter. A pretty blonde came to take our order. She was batting her lashes at Cole. "Two vodka on rocks, please." She smiled at him and left.

"So let us continue. How many pretty damsels in distress did you find in Greece?"

"As I had told earlier it was strictly 'Business' only." I emphasized on the business part. He chuckled.

"You can't fool me. C'mon spill the beans."

"Cole, stop nagging. And I mean it." I gave him a look.

"Okay. I understand that you don't want to share your adventures with me." He smirked at me. It was just impossible to make him shut up. Suddenly my attention was drawn to someone at the bar. Those cascading auburn hair. I could feel my blood rush. The ache rising again. It can't be. It can't be her. I wiped my hands on my pants.

"Drew, are you alright? It looks like you saw a ghost." I didn't know what to say. Was this really happening? I got and started making my way towards the bar. I was just a few steps away. I took a deep breath. As I reach towards her, he turned. I feel my body relax. It isn't her. What would I have done if it was her? It has been two years now. She didn't even contact me. Not even a text. The bartender pours me Bourbon. I want to numb these feelings. I have been doing this for the past two years now. Pushing away all the memories. But I can still remember her soft brown eyes. Her scent. She smelled like fresh flowers and soft woods with a hint of lilac. Whenever she smiled I felt that nothing could have been more beautiful. She was my brand of heroine. But she was gone now. And she was never coming back.

"Drew, are you alright?" Cole sat beside me.

"Ya."

"It is about her, isn't it?"

"No. It isn't."

"You still miss her. You still look for her. Drew, she is gone. You will have to let go."

"How to let her go? She was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I look for her. I crave for her. I don't even know if she's alive, goddammit. Every clue leads to a dead end. It seems like..."

"She doesn't want you to find her." Cole spoke that one thing which I couldn't accept.

"Drew, do you think that drowning your feelings with alcohol is going to help?" He pointed towards my glass. I had been doing this for months now. At first it was bearable. I had felt too numb. I used to work for hours and then drink to sleep. It continued for a year but soon the nightmares started. I started drinking more. There were days when I felt completely hollow from within. A dull ache would rise in my chest. I searched for her. I talked to our friends but no one had heard anything. It seemed like she had hidden herself from me. I slept in our apartment. Everything reminded me of her. Daffodils were her favorite. Where was she?

As I stood to leave I heard Cole speak something. I froze. Was he really telling the truth? He could do anything to make me happy. I walked out of the place. As I stood outside the bar, the cold wind brushed past me. The pain rising again. I drove off to that one place where I would find solace. The apartment looked exactly as she had left it. Her scent lingered in the house. I went in our room and there she was, flawless and mesmerizing. I picked up the picture and drank in her sight. I wish I could touch her again. I wanted to tell her how much she meant to me. The room was filled with pictures of her. She had always complained about it. These pictures made me feel like she was right by my side. I lay down on our bed and closed my eyes. She meant everything to me. She was a part of me.

Cole's last words echoed in my head.

"She is in New York. She is here."

She is here.

And I will find her.

A/N Thank you the_everymans_answer for your votes and comments. It made my day. And i'm glad that my readers are enjoying the suspense. So, I dedicate this Chapter to you. Thanks a lot for your Feedback.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading. Leave your suggestions in the comments. I will surely reply :)