CHAPTER 7

Kate's POV

I welcome the smell of waffles and fresh brewing coffee. I wish that I could get up every morning like this. This is the perfect way to start your mornings. I open my eyes lazily and I can see the sun is out. After these days of dreadful cold weather, it's nice to have a little warmth. I get up from the couch. I must have dozed off yesterday while watching TV.

I see David sprawled on the carpet. Did he sleep on the floor?

No. He slept on the cozy king size bed.

And she's back. My inner voice can never lose her sarcasm.

Of course I can't. I can't be as boring as you.

I ignore the voice and walk towards David. I sit in front him. His hair is falling in his eyes. I can't resist to brush it back. He shifts towards me. I brush my hand on his hair.

Can you just wake him up?

I shake him a little. He doesn't react.

"David, get up." I am shaking him little more this time.

He slowly opens his eyes and a huge smile form on his face.

"Mornin' Beautiful." I can't help but blush.

" Good Morning David. It's time to get up."

"I know that."

"If you know then get up." I tell him.

"Did you sleep on the floor?" I question him.

"No, Kate. I'm just laying here. Enjoying the view. Having a gala time." First, my inner voice and now, David.

"Lose the sarcasm."

"Yes Ma'am."

I get up from the floor.

"Now get up, David. Move your lazy ass."

"I need a little help to move this lazy ass of mine. Mind giving me a hand?"

I extend my hand and help him get up.

"Breakfast will be ready in 5 minutes, Sir." Will comes and stands in front us.

"Thank you, Will." Will nodded his head and leaves.

We both head towards our rooms to freshen up.

I haven't seen David's entire house yet. I make a mental note to ask him to give me a tour around. I reach my room and the first thing I do is to pick up my toothbrush and head towards the bathroom. I decide to take my shower after breakfast. The meal will get cold if I shower now and David will be waiting up for me. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face. I untangle my hair. Jeez. It looks like a birds nest.

When I reach the dining, David is already seated and he's busy talking to Will.