CHAPTER 3

A/N This chapter is for one of my readers. @AwesomeNinja06 I'm sorry but you will have to wait till the next chapter to know more about David. I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

Thank you everyone for reading. It really means a lot to me. And don't forget to give your reviews.

*************************

I couldn't believe that I was looking at Drew. Was I dreaming??? It felt surreal. I close my eyes. When I'll open my eyes he will be gone. It's just a dream. Only a dream.

Stop acting stupid and open your eyes. It is not a dream.

So you're back. Welcome back my inner voice. You're right on time!

I open my eyes and he was still there. Standing in front of me. His gaze was intense. What did I do for this to happen? This can't be happening. I had put away all our memories. Every little thing which reminded me of him was locked and put away somewhere it could never be discovered. But the love. It never went away. Every night I cried myself to sleep. It felt that a part of me was lost. I couldn't feel anything. The distance was killing me every day. So, in the end I decided to get lost in my work. I helped those who were in pain. I gave love to those who never experienced love. I felt that no one should ever feel alone as I felt. But the love for him haunted me always.

I looked towards him. I had to act like his presence didn't have any effect on me.

That's impossible, Kate. You will be head over heels once he smiles at you.

You know I really don't need your help right now. Go away!

You will thank me someday.

Okay. Whatever.

I must be going crazy. I've started having actual conversations with my subconscious mind.

I put away all my thoughts.

"How are you?" I asked him. He is just looking at me. He starts walking towards me. Why is he coming here? Please keep distance. I don't want to be near you. Please!

I take a step back. He is just a step away from me. His scent is intoxicating my senses. Damn that perfume. His hair has grown since the last time I saw him. I need to stop concentrating on him. I shift my gaze and all of sudden I'm looking him in the eye. Those eyes. They could cause havoc anywhere. The way he looked at me made me feel like I was hit by a sudden wave of emotions. I staggered back and that's when I felt like someone held me. When I looked to see, I saw David. I had totally forgotten about him.

"Are you alright, Kate?" He looked at me and the concern was clearly visible on his face.

"I'm perfectly alright." My gaze shifted towards Andrew. His was eyes were fixed at the place where David was holding me.

"Won't you introduce me to your friend?" David spoke. Both men were glaring at each other. I could feel the tension build between them. I knew that both of them will not back down. I felt like I was stuck between to Alphas.

"Oh! Yes, of course. David, this is Andrew. Andrew, this is David. He is my friend from University." I introduced the two to each other. David extended his hand and they both shook hands.

"David, I will leave now. Let me know about the details soon." I just wanted to leave as fast as I could.

"Sure, Kate." I walked towards the door. Drew was right behind me.

"Kate." I turned and looked at David. "Don't forget about dinner. I'll come to pick you at 8."

I smiled and nodded. I had already seen the hurt that passed Drew's eyes. Both of us made our way out.

"This isn't the right place to talk. Let's go." I held Drew's hand and we quickly left the building. I had noticed a café nearby. I take him there.

I find an empty table for two and both of us go and sit there.

"So..." I look at Drew and wait for him to speak. Why can't he just say something?

"How are you doing, Andrew?"

"I'm fine Kae. How are you?" And at last he speaks. I thought this was going to be a one sided conversation.

"I am doing well."

There was a long silence. This was getting awkward. I was about to speak when he spoke.

"You could have atleast texted me. You know, you should never make promises which you can't keep." I looked at him. His face was emotionless. His eyes were like still waters before a storm.

"Drew, you don't understand. I ......" He cut me off.

"I don't want to understand, Kae. You left me without a reason. You didn't even care to ask me in these two years about how I was doing. You left me and I looked for you like a crazy man. Everything led to a dead end. Every day I tried. I never gave up. I couldn't even think about giving up on you. You know what; I wish that I had never met you. I wish that you had never come to my life. And what I really wish is that I should have never ever loved you."

Everything inside me shattered. The dam finally broke. Tears poured down my cheeks. He really hated me. I gasped for air. I couldn't speak. These words knocked the air out of me. But I deserved it. I deserved every bit of it. I bowed my head. I couldn't face him. I couldn't look at him.

"I know you don't mean it, Drew." I managed to speak.

"No! You're wrong. I mean it. You should have never come in my life."

"I'm sorry, Drew. I am really sorry."

"You're sorry." He started to laugh. "Do you even know what it means?"

I can't take this anymore. I get up and leave the café. This is what I had done. I had made that one person in my life, who mattered the most, hate me. I look for a cab but the rush hour is on its peak. I start walking as fast as I can. I just want to go far, far away. Someone grabs my arm and pulls me. I see David through my tear filled eyes. He is holding me tightly. I am not able to speak. His eyes are soft. He wants to comfort me but doesn't know what to do.

"Kate, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

The words are stuck somewhere. I just want to scream but I can't. I nod to say that I was okay. That's when a sob breaks and I can't take any of this anymore. I try to walk away.

All of a sudden something unexpected happens.

SEVENTH HEAVEN DENIED [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें