CHAPTER 11

Kate's POV

I didn't know what to say to him. He was just standing there, looking at me. He had the cold look on his face. I need to explain him everything before he gets the wrong idea of it all.

"Drew, it's not what you think it is." I wait for him to reply but he doesn't say anything. I take a deep breath. This shouldn't be happening.

"Andrew, please say something." He walks towards the couch and sits.

"I'm listening Kate. Say what you have to say." His tone is casual. He only speaks this way when he's hurting from inside.

I sit on the mahogany table, right in front of Andrew. I take his hand in mine. Thankfully, he doesn't pull away his hand. That's a good sign, right?

"See, the day you had come by David's office, he drove me back to my hotel. And on the way he offered me to stay at his place. I was really confused at that time. I had just met you and things were such a mess and to stay all alone in the hotel room just reminded me of all the pain. So, I went with him to his place. There's nothing going on between us. We know each other back from my university days. He was a really good friend. That's all. Nothing has happened between us." Andrew's breathing is fast and loud. His eyes are closed. What should I do? I've told him everything.

"Okay." He speaks it so softly that it's barely audible.

"Okay?" He looks at me.

"It's alright Kate. I believe you." This was a little unexpected. I thought he would be angry, but he's so calm.

"But you will move out from his house." I knew that he won't let it go this easily.

"Okay. I will move out. Give me a few days." I tell him.

"Alright. You have 3 days." Wait. I need a few more days. I need to look for a place to stay as well and I need to talk to David too.

"I need more than 3 days. I need to look for a place."

"You have a place." Andrew pulls out keys from his pocket. He hands it to me. It's my old apartment keys. I mean our old apartment keys.

"I can't. It's too early to..." I trail off.

" I know. It's too early to move back in together. You stay there and I will stay at my place." That sounds fine to me.

"Okay." I keep the keys in my handbag.

"Well, this went better than I expected." Cole spoke. I had totally forgotten about him.

He was looking at us and smiling.

"Me too." I tell Cole.

"Hey. Stop teaming up against me. I am not the bad guy here." Andrew speaks.

"We have always been a team. Right Kaeyy Boo?!" Cole says. Drew laughs loudly and I give him that Don't-you-dare-laugh look.

"Okay, I don't know you." I tell Cole. Drew sticks his tongue out at him.

"Hey. No changing team, Kate. That's not fair." Cole complains like a child.

"You just called me Kaeyy Boo. You think I'll be on your team."

"I agree." Drew gives Cole the evil look.

"This time you win Drew. But next time Kate will be at my side." Cole tells Drew.

"We will see Cole."

"Hey guys. I'm right here you know." I tell them both.

"Sorry Kate." Drew smiles at me. Boys!!!