CHAPTER 2

A/N I just wanted to introduce our main characters individually, so that is why the first chapter is from Andrew's POV. The rest of the book will be from Kate's POV.

Enjoy reading. And don't forget to leave your reviews. :)

**************

It had been two years since my last visit.

NY was still the same and so was my sneezing. It was chilly at this time of the year. New Yorkers were always winter ready. Sure, it was cold, much colder than Cape Town ever got but the sky was an electric blue, the sun shone and the snow blanketed the city in a cushion of white.

I put on my black David Buffalo Bitton Jacket and black Solective boots. I hope that my outfit was appropriate for this meeting. I was wearing a silver monteau dress. I didn't want to dress very formally.

I had a meeting with the Editor of The New York Times. This meeting was very important for my campaign. If this deal was done then so many people would be provided with help. I just wish that it's a done deal.

I collect all my files and head out.

Whoa! It's freezing out here. I quickly take a cab. I have missed this place so much. This was home. I knew every street, every food place and every corner of New York. Central Park had always been my favorite. I used to ice skate at the Wollman Rink, on the south side of the park, when I was a little. I look out the car window and notice the New Yorkers. The women are dressed in waist-hugging designer coats and their winter hats. Men are all suited up and heading to their work places. New York is always busy. This place never rests. There is always something that goes on here.

I arrive in about 10 minutes in front of the tall mirrored building of The New York times. I am nervous. Am I dressed appropriately? Will I get the deal? There are so many questions on my mind. I don't think that I ever think so much on an average basis.

The floor to ceiling glass provides a view of the lobby. I make my way inside. The interior is breathtaking. It looks so sophisticated and grand.

I go to the reception desk and there I'm greeted by a very pretty blonde girl. After I give her all my specifications, she tells me to take the elevator to the 18th floor. As I reach the 18th floor I am taken aback by the commanding view of the cityscape. New York looks beautiful from here. I meet with another girl who escorts me to a big cabin with a board on the door which reads "THE EDITOR". I knock and enter.

I see a man dressed in a grey suit standing, facing the window. He is talking on the phone. I look around the office. It is very well furnished. There is a couch at the left side of the room and a glass topped table in front of it. The office is all white and there are a few framed articles on the wall. I look at the desk which is in front of me. It is really neat. Everything is properly kept and all the files are neatly stacked. I wish that he would hurry with his call because I was tired of noticing the interior of the office.

I shift my attention to the man in front of me. He is tall. I can make out that he works out. He seems really fit. He has perfectly styled brown hair. His voice seems very light and pleasant. There is a very familiar vibe about him. It makes me feel a bit uneasy.

As I am staring at him, he cuts the call and turns towards me. I catch my breath.

"Kate." He looks at me with utter disbelief.

"David."

I can't believe it's him. It has been so many years since we had last met. He looks really nice. He is nothing that I had expected him to be. Gone were those nerdy glasses and baggy, faded jeans. He looked smart and the suit sure fitted him very well. He looked like one of the models from the fashion magazines.