CHAPTER 16

Kate's POV

Andrew is still asleep. The doctor told us that the more he rests, the better it is for him. Cole and Tara are both fast asleep. When can I take Drew home? He will be much safer at home. Oh lord! What have I gotten them into?

"You need to stop thinking so much and get some sleep, Kate."

David sits beside me, handing me the take-out Chinese food. David had come to see me at the hospital. After assuring him that I was fine, I had told him to go home and get some rest but he argued his way into spending the night here with me.

"I am not sleepy." I tell him.

"It is 4 in the morning Kate. You should get some sleep along with some food inside that tummy." He points towards my stomach which makes a funny noise in response. I am actually really hungry.

David takes out the noodle box and hands it to me.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiles at me.

"David."

"Yes Kate."

"Will Drew be fine?" I ask him.

"Yes Kate. He will be. Don't worry. Nothing is going to happen to him. Okay?"

"Okay." I nod my head and concentrate on my food.

We both sit quietly and finish our food.

I need to get know who is behind all this before someone else gets hurt.

***

"You can take him back home now. Just finish up with all the formalities and then he is free to go." The doctor tells Cole.

"Is there anything we need to be cautious about?" I ask the doctor. I don't want to take any risk. I just want Drew to be fine. He has already been through enough.

"No. There is nothing as such. Just get him back for routinely check up. If in case, he has severe headaches then get him down here. I don't think so that will happen but it's just a precautionary measure."

"Take care, dear." The doctor walks away.

"Cole, you fill out all the paper work and I will go and get Drew ready."

"Sure." He smiles and heads the other way.

I pick up my things from the chair.

"Thank you for staying with me, David."

"No problem. If there is anything more that I can do for you then let me know."

"You have already done enough." I give him a hug.

"I have to leave for work so I will call you, okay?" David tells me.

"Okay."

"Bye, Kate. Take care." He plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Bye, David."

I head towards David's room.

My hands shakily pull the doorknob. I'm tensed. I don't know why I'm so anxious. I open the door and I find the bed empty. I look towards the other end of the room and there he is.

"Good Morning Sunshine." He says and smiles. Oh! How I love that smile?!

He stood there wearing a pair of faded jeans. I gawk at his perfectly sculpted torso and hid broad shoulders. My eyes take in the view. How could anyone look so perfect?

"You know it's not nice to stare." He smirks at me.

"Sorry." I quickly look away. He laughs.

"Can you pass me my T-shirt, please?"

 Such a tease!

I pick up the T-shirt from the bed and go towards him.

"Here." I put my hand forward to hand him the T-shirt. He pulls me towards him. I try to pull away but with the scent of his skin surrounding me and his warm body so close, it was just difficult.

He wraps his hand around my waist and claims my lips. I leaned close, my chest pressing against his and he deepens the kiss, probing his tongue in my mouth. The warmth of his mouth sends a current running through my body. I throw my arms around his neck, surrendering to him.

"I missed you." I mumble.

"I missed you too."

 He picks me up and I hold on to him. He gently lowers me on the bed and trails kisses down my neck. He runs his nose along my jaw line. 

He kisses me again, more demanding this time. There is this urgency in his kiss.

"Drew. We are at the hospital. Anyone can come in." I remind him.

"I know. I just can't keep my hands off you."

 I lean up and kiss him. My lips find his and press against them. I run my fingers down his toned torso. I feel his muscle flex under my touch. His tongue thrust into my mouth, claiming me. Shivers rake my body. His hand encases my face and he deepens the kiss. 

I hear the door open and my head instantly turns to see who it is.

"I'm so sorry." Cole looks down and I bury my head in Drew's chest. This is so embarrassing. I hear Drew let out a laugh.

"It's okay Cole."

"I just came to tell you that I have already filled out the forms and that we need to leave."

"We will be there in a sec." Cole leaves and I stare at Drew, who is smirking at me.

"Why that look?"

"Just like that. We have to continue this when we get back home."

 He gets off the bed and I sit up, handing him his T-shirt.

He puts it on and I get up from the bed. I stand in front of him, looking him in his eyes.

"Please just stay safe. I can't lose you." I tell him.

He pulls me in his arms and holds me close.

"You won't, my darln'."

"When I saw you lay there, lifeless, it felt like there was this hole in my heart which would never get filled. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and the thought of you going away scared me."

"I won't leave you Kay. Never."

"You can't. I won't allow you to leave me. We have stayed away for these years and I can't stay away anymore. I will do everything to keep you safe. Promise me that you will be more careful from now."

"I promise. Kate, I wish I could tell you all that you mean to me. You complete me in ways I can't explain. When I was hit, all I could think was your smile. The smile which brightens my day. There is nothing else in the world that matters to me more than you."

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you, always."