CHAPTER 4

Hey guys. I'm sorry for the late update. I've been busy with my exams.

Well, I hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to read the A/N at the end of the chapter.

"Kate, stop crying." I am safely secured in David's arms. My head is resting on his chest and I can hear the rhythmic beat of his heart. His hold is much tighter than the last time, when he had hugged me in his office. The way he held me was very different. It wasn't the usual friendly hug. It felt more intense and..... I don't know how to describe the feeling. I never had expected this to happen. Especially, with David. We both were never that close to each other.

I sigh and lean a little more into him. His hold becomes stronger now. He rests his chin on top of my head. I close my eyes and cry my heart out. All the tears that I had held back in these past two years, I let them all out. This was it. This was the time to let go of everything. And that's what I did.

"Hey. Look at me." David touches my chin and makes me look at him.

"Stop crying Kate. See, you've even wet my shirt." He points towards the place which is wet from my tears. I laugh.

"Now that's like my girl. You know I would give up anything in the world to see you smile." He tucks a loose strand of my hair. I wipe my tears and then David releases me. I look at him.

"Thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine, my lady." He does a very funny sort of turn and bow. He's trying his best to imitate the scenes of the old movies. I laugh again. I know he's doing all this to make me laugh.

I can see everyone staring at us. We are standing at the busiest street in New York and David is doing all sorts of funny things.

"Stop it now David. You are making a fool out of yourself."

"Yes, my lady." He smiles and again does that turn and bow. He really seems to enjoy all this.

I have to get home. I need to sort a lot of things out in my head. And that means that I need my own personal place, where I can be alone and think. I turn around to look for a cab. My heart sinks at the sight in front of me.

Drew is standing just a few steps away from us. The hurt and pain is clearly visible on his face. He must have seen what happened here, between me and David. I take a few steps toward him. I'm just a step away when I hear him.

"Don't. Don't come near me." Andrew warns me.

"Andrew, please listen to me."I take another step and I'm standing right in front of him.

"Just leave, Kate. I don't want to do anything that I will regret."

"Andrew, just hear me out." I keep my hand on his arm. He quickly withdraws it. It feels like my touch had burned him.

"Andrew...."

"Listen to me very carefully, Kate. I already saw enough and I don't want to hear anything from you. I don't want to hear your lies and your fake promises. I'm so tired of them."

"Let me explain at least once."

"I don't want to listen. You know, now it all makes sense. You had left me for this, hadn't you? You kept me in misery for these years because you had never loved me from the very start. You wanted to have the best of both worlds."

"No. You have got it all wrong. It's nothing like that between us. We are just friends. Nothing more than that. I hadn't even met David when I was with you."