CHAPTER 12

A/N at the end of the chapter.

KATE'S POV

"No ways. This is not any deal and it won't be including any kiss." Cole was sitting right in front of us and this is surely not going to happen.

"Are you sure about that?" Drew's face is just a few inches from mine.

"Yes. I am sure." I say confidently but I can feel the tingling in my toes.

He moves a little more towards me. I try to shift back a little, but he holds my hand and pulls me towards him.

He leans into me.

Buzz!!

The familiar tone of my phone booms in the room. I quickly get off the couch and Andrew is still trying to understand what just happened.

I walk towards the small table where my phone is kept. David's name is flashing on the screen.

"Hello."

"Hey Kate. I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but there are two men who have to visit you."

I don't understand. How can anyone be there to meet me? No one knows that I'm back in NY except of my parents and my team. And no one knows that I am living with David.

"This is a bit strange. I don't remember telling anyone that I am back in New York."

"Do you want me to tell them to leave? Actually, they came by and asked for you and I told them that you aren't home, but they told that it's really important that they meet you. So, I thought that I should call and ask you."

"Have they told you anything about themselves?" I ask David.

"Yes. I think the man who wants to meet you, whom I presume is the boss, told that his name is Mr. Adair."

My blood ran cold. How.... How did he know where I was? This is impossible. I was very careful with all the details. There was no way that he could find out that I was in New York.

"Kate."

"Kate. Is everything alright?"

I could hear David's voice but I didn't know what to say. I can't let anyone know anything about this.

"Every... Everything is fine. I'll be there in 10."

My hands are shaking. I have to act calm. I can't let anyone know about this. The lights have been switched on. I need to leave as soon as possible.

"Is everything alright Kate?" Drew is looking at me worriedly.

"Kate. What's wrong? Why are you so pale?" Cole asks.

"Nothing. Everything is fine. I'm sorry Cole but I need to leave."

I pick up all my things lying on the table.

"What's the hurry?" Drew asks.

"Something important has come up. I need to leave." I make my way towards the door. I don't have time to waist. I can't let David stay with them for long.

"Thank you for the meal Cole. I will meet you soon okay."

"Ya sure."

"Kate, wait. I will drop you." Drew gets up from the couch and I quickly make my way out.

There are too many things in my head. I have been running away from this and now it has come back to destroy everything again. I can't involve anyone in this. This is dangerous. I should have never agreed to come back with Drew. He will be dragged in this mess if he stays with me. His life can be in danger and I can't let that happen. I can't let my mistakes ruin another person's life. I should never have come back here. I was stupid to think that they won't find me.