CHAPTER 8

PLAY THE VIDEO ABOVE WHEN INDICATED .

I finished pinning the last strand of my hair and took a last look in the mirror. The dress fitted me perfectly and for once I could say that I liked the way I was looking. Wearing this dress was like a dream come true. All thanks to David. If it wouldn't have been him then this would have remained a dream. I can feel as if something is still missing. I just can't seem to point that out. I adjust my dress and leave the room.

I head downstairs and David is sitting on the couch. He's busy looking at something in his phone. He's dressed in a black tuxedo. His hair was styled to perfection. He looked really attractive. As I reach the end of the stairs, David looks up. I'm sure I saw his jaw drop. He puts away his phone and walks towards me.

"You look...beautiful." He's really nervous. I can make it out from the way he's talking.

"Thank you, David." I give him my biggest smile. Is he blushing? I think so.

"Anyways I have something else for you?" Now what is it? He has already done so much.

He pulls out a red box from his pocket. Is it what I am thinking? I can't be wrong. I have shopped there a lot. He hands me the box and I was right.

It's Cartier.

This was really too much now.

Before I get the chance to say anything, David speaks.

"I know that it's a little too much but please accept it. Please."

"I can't. The dress itself is really a big gift. And on top of that this."

"Please Kate. The dress is from Santa and this is from me." He makes that kid face he makes when he needs to convince me.

"No. I really can't. And the Santa is you so don't think you can trick me. I'm not a five year old."

"Okay. Let's make a deal. You accept all this and you can give me something in return." Should I? I can do this but....

"Okay. Deal!"

I open the box to take a look at his gift. Oh my god! There lies a pair of pink gold, diamond earrings from the Paris Nouvelle Vague Collection. They are so beautiful.

"David, these... are perfect." I look at him. His smile is breath taking.

"Thank you David." What can I say? He makes me feel like I'm really special.

"No problem. We need to leave now." He leads me outside.

I see his Bentley parked in the garage. I head towards it but David guides me in the other direction.

David leads me to the Vanquish Black Coupe ASTON MARTIN.

Is that supposed to be our ride?? It's like David read my mind and he spoke.

"That's our ride." I was fine with the Bentley too, you know.

David opens the car door for me and I carefully get in.

***

The fund raiser is being held at The Waldorf Astoria and the people who are organizing the fund raiser are David's parents. Yes. You heard me right. Apparently, David's parents are really reputed and of course, rich. I had no idea about any of it. I didn't even know that his dad was one of the most powerful business tycoons in New York. David didn't mention any of this in the past nor did he act like a multi billionaire's son. He always worked hard and even did part time jobs to pay his bills and everything else.

"You know, you could have given me a heads up about all this." I told David.

"I just did." He told me while we were entering the hotel.