CHAPTER 14

Kate's POV

I look at the person lying in front of me. All I can remember was a car coming speedily towards him.

I make my way through the crowd beginning to surround him. It can't be. It's not him. It's not Andrew.

I look at the person lying in front of me. No. No. No.

Oh my god. No.

"Andrew." My heart stops beating.

Tears are running down my face. This can't happen. There's so much blood everywhere. What is happening??

"Kae." His voice is barely audible.

"Andrew. Baby." I sit down and take his head on my lap. There is a huge cut on his forehead. This is my fault. I did this to him. I let out a strangled sob.

"Kae. Don't cry." I cup his face in my hands.

"Andrew. Please just don't leave me. Please." I look into his eyes and I can see the same fear which I feel.

"Drew, just hold on. They will be here." Andrew's eyes closing slowly.

"Please Andrew. Just stay with me." He can't leave me.

"I... I love you Kae." He says softly.

"I love you Drew." I manage to speak in between the sobs.

"Andrew. Please don't leave me. They will be here soon. You will be alright." I try to assure him. He just nods.

I can hear the sirens of the ambulance. People around me are clearing the way.

"Make way, please." I see a man coming towards me.

"Ma'am we are going to take him from here." I nod and two men pick up Andrew and take him to the ambulance. I follow them.

We all quickly sit in the ambulance and I can see a man placing an oxygen mask on Andrew.

"We need to hurry. He has already lost a lot of blood." The man sitting beside me tells the driver.

What have I done? It is because of me that he is here.

I look down at our entwined hands. He didn't deserve any of this.

When we reach the hospital, Drew is rushed to the ER.

"We need you to fill up a few forms so please get it done." The doctor tells me and I head to the nearby counter.

I have to stay calm. I have to be strong for Andrew.

I take out my phone. I call Cole.

"Hey Kaeyyy." I try not to break down on the phone. "What's wrong Kate?"

"I need you to come down to the NYU Langone Medical Center." The line goes dead after I tell him.

There's an unread message flashing on my phone. I recall getting a text just before the accident.

I open the message. I felt the air get knocked out of me.

Did you like your surprise, Princess?

I did this to Andrew. His accident was because of me. What have I done? I should have never come back here.

The phone rings, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hello."

"Hello Princess." Oh no. It's his call. I have to act calm. He can hurt anyone I love.

"What do you want from me?" I replied my voice breaking as I did so.

"I just want you, Princess."