CHAPTER 15

THERE WILL BE INFO ABOUT THE NEXT UPDATE IN THE A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER.

Kate's POV

"Katie, what are you doing in New York?" Tara asks me. I hadn't told her about this trip. I knew she would never agree. She knew the reason why I had left NY in the first place. I had to tell Tara about all of it. It was for her safety.

"I'm here for the campaign." I knew by her expressions that she was angry.

"Can I have a talk with you? Alone." This didn't sound any good.

"Yes." I look at Cole. He must be feeling really awkward. "I'll be right back." Cole nods and I move away from him to talk to Tara.

"What the heck is wrong with you? Kate, have you gone mad. You know how dangerous it is. And on top of that you didn't f***ing tell me." Everyone was looking at us now. Tara was so angry that she didn't realize that we were in a hospital.

"Tara, calm down. We will talk about this later. This isn't the right place to talk." I try explaining her.

"Fine. But this conversation isn't over." Tara tells me. I know it isn't over. She isn't going to let this go easily.

"By the way, what are you doing in the hospital?" Tara asks. In between all this confusion I had forgotten all about Drew.

"Drew met with an accident." I tell her.

"Andrew? Your Andrew?" Tara asks.

"Yes. My Andrew."

"What happened?" She looks concerned. Tara had spent a lot of time with Andrew and me. Andrew treated her like his little sister.

"He was hit by a car." The scene plays again in front of my eyes.

"Oh my god. Is he alright?"

"Yes. He will be discharged tomorrow morning." I need to tell her about this unknown caller. Tara received a call from him, so that means that he is going to try to hurt her.

"What's wrong, Katie?" Tara notices the worried look on my face.

"Tara, there is something going on."

"What do you mean?"

"Drew's accident wasn't an accident." I tell her.

"Huh! What do you mean that the accident wasn't an accident?"

"Someone had planned to do this to him." Tara turns pale. "I have been getting these phone calls and texts from some unknown person. I tried to trace it down but I'm not able to. And today in the morning, one of our major funder withdrew everything and then Andrew met with an accident and then you came here. After all these incidents I get a text or phone call from that person."

I take out my phone and open the text which I got when Tara came to the hospital.

I hand Tara my phone.

"Kate, do you think it's someone from the past?" Tara looks at me. By the look on her face I can get to know that she wants me to say no but the truth is...

"I'm sure it's someone from the past. Whoever it is knows everything about me."

"Kate I'm scared." Tara says in a very low tone.

"I'm scared too. But not for myself. I'm scared for all of you. Andrew is in this condition because of me. You have been dragged in all this because of me. It is my fault." Tears are forming in my eyes.

"No. It is not. I'm here for you, Katie. We will fight this together." Tara hugs me.

"What are we going to do, Tara? Whoever this is, he is dangerous. How will we get to know about him?"

"Don't worry, Kate. We will find a way out." Tara assures me.

My phone rings and I look at it to see the caller.

David is calling.

"Hey David." I have to let David know that I won't be home today.

"Hey. Where are you?"

"At the hospital."

"What??? What are you doing there? Is everything alright? Are you alright, Kate?" I can sense the panic in his voice.

"Yes. I'm fine." I assure him.

"Which hospital?" He asks.

"The NYU Langone Medical Center."

"I'll be there in 10."

Before I could say anything, the line goes dead.

"Who was that?" Tara asks.

"David. The guy I went to college with."

"Oh! The cute nerdy one."

"Yeah. That one. But he isn't nerdy anymore."

We both walk to where Cole was sitting.

"Do you guys want coffee?" Tara asks Cole and me.

"Yes. I would love some." I tell her.

"I will have one too." Cole tells Tara. Tara nods and head towards the cafeteria.

Cole and I sit in silence for a few minutes.

"He will be fine." Cole says. I think he sensed the worry. I am really worried. Drew was in that pain because of me and I can't do anything.

"I wish I could take away his pain. I wish I could help him." I tell Cole.

"You are helping him, Kate. You're helping him by staying here with him. All he ever wanted was you by his side."

My heart skips a beat when I hear this. Andrew has always been too good for me.

I lay my head down on Cole's shoulder and close my eyes.

I wish I could turn back the clock.

I wish I could change the mistake I made two years back.

I wish it was me in front of the car, and not him.

A/N  There will be no update next week. I'm sorry about it but I'm going to be really busy so I won't get the time to update. I will let you all know about the next update soon.

Thank you for reading.

And HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL MY READERS.

ALL OF YOU ARE MY SPECIAL FRIENDS. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. LOVE YOU ALL!