CHAPTER 5

"Is she alive????"

"I don't know, Sir."

"What should I do then?"

I can hear murmurs around me. Why can't they just let me sleep??? I place my pillow on top of my head to cover my ears.

I am back to my dream. It feels like I'm in a fairyland. There are these fairy tale creatures and it's so pretty out here. I feel like I can touch the rainbow.

Oh! I can see a Unicorn. There is a freaking Unicorn. I always wanted a unicorn. I walk towards it. It is so beautiful. It looks exactly like the ones I used to see in those Barbie ads when I was young. As I reach the place, I can feel someone's presence near me. I turn to look and there I see two boys looking at me. I take a step towards them and when the light shines at them, I realize that it is David and Andrew. Seriously!! Now they are even invading my dreams.

"Please don't leave us, Kate. We love you." They spoke in unison.

"But I don't love you guys. I love the unicorn. I am sorry."

I walk away from them. I reach at the place where the unicorn waits for me. I choose the unicorn over those guys. I sit on the unicorn's back and we fly away...... together.

I can feel someone poking me. The unicorn starts fading away.

"I think she's dead." I hear a familiar voice just near my ear.

Someone pokes me again.

Hey! Didn't they ever teach that it was bad manners to poke someone while they sleep? I lazily open my eyes. Lights hurt my eyes. It's really bright in here. I feel the soft sheets under me. The bed is so comfortable.

Wait! What? How come I'm on a bed? Where am I? I quickly sit up. I look around. I'm sitting on a huge king size canopied bed. There are white sheets tangled around my leg. I look at the person sitting at the end of the bed.

Is that David? That's when all the events come flashing back. I was at David's house. I had agreed to stay with him. But how did I end up here? In this bed? I don't think I walked myself here.

I look at him again. He's just staring at me and smiling. What's wrong with him? Do I have something funny on my face?

"You sleep like a log, you know." David tells me. That's when I understand that it was David's murmurs which kept waking me up.

"You had thought I was dead. And you even poked me." I accused him.

"Hey! It's not my fault. You weren't moving so I just wanted to check. And poking you was the only thing which came into my mind."

He was grinning from ear to ear. Really! He had the nerve to be grinning at me. I went towards him and I jumped on him.

And that's when the war started.

I started tickling him. I knew he was really ticklish. The expressions on his face sure did make my day.

"Please. Have mercy on me. Please."

"No. You will not get away from the crime you've committed."

"Poking isn't a crime. Please stop it."

David was laughing like crazy. He was trying to remove my hand from the side of his stomach but he failed. I could see tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

"Please Kate. Stop!!!"

"No way. You woke me up from a really nice dream. I was flying with a unicorn." I blurted out. Oh crap! I just told David about my childish dream. I let him go.