Chapter 13 (B)

The phone call is still haunting my thoughts. I need to find out who it was before something actually happens.

I head downstairs for breakfast. I think I should ask David for help. He knows a lot of important people and he will be able to track down the caller.

David is already sitting at the breakfast table. He is busy talking to someone over the phone. I make my way to the table and take a seat beside him.

He seems really stressed.

"Okay. I get it. I will talk to you later." He ends the call and looks at me.

"Hi. Is everything alright?" I ask him.

"I think I should be the one asking you that. What's going on, Kate?"

"Nothing. Nothing is going on." What? I don't understand. What is he talking about?

"Really. Then tell me this that why has Mr. Connor withdrawn his funds?"

Oh my god. How did he get to know? There's no way that he can.

"How.. How did you get to know?"

"Kate, New York Times is helping your campaign and we always keep up to date with what is happening with the people associated with us."

How could I be so dumb???!! David knows everything that's going on and it's his job to keep everything under control.

"I had a talk with my superior and I have asked him for a week. He has agreed to give us a week to clean up all this mess. Kate, if there's anything I need to know then tell me."

Should I tell him about the phone call? But... I don't even know if the person was telling the truth.

"There's something." I should tell him. I can't risk anything.

"I got a call from someone in the morning. The person didn't tell me who he was but he warned me that more things are coming my way."

"Okay. I will call some people I know. They will try to track down the call."

"Okay. How will I find someone in a week who will be willing to put in so much money in the organization?" A week. That's all I have. How will I find someone who will be willing to spend do much?

"You don't need to worry about that. It has already been sorted." David answered my question. What does he mean that it has been sorted? Who? How?

"Who is it? How did you find someone?" I ask him.

"Don't worry about it, Kate. Just sit and have your breakfast. We still need to find out who's behind all this."

He is correct. I should focus on who is behind all this. I know that there's a huge possibility that the Adair's are involved but I'm not sure.

I don't feel like eating anymore. There's so much going on. I can't focus on anything. I excuse myself and head back to my room.

David tried to make me eat but I told him that I wasn't really feeling like eating. I know that he's worried. It's just that I can't tell him everything. I can't let my past catch up to my future.

I pick up my phone and there are two text messages from Drew.

Good morning Sunshine

I smile foolishly at my phone.

Lunch? Your favorite Blueberry Cheesecake is calling out to you.

Drew knows that my weakness is Blueberry Cheesecake.

I need to meet him. I was rude to him yesterday and I need to make it up to him.

Good morning Mr. Andrew

SEVENTH HEAVEN DENIED [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें