She's missing

Gregory and Ricky got on their bikes to go to Katie's house and drop off her food. They knock on the door,

KNOCK KNOCK.

The door slowly opened.

"Hello!" said a short lady who looked similar to Katie but older and with shortened hair.

"Hello Ms. Sheila, Is Katie here?" Gregory asked.

"No! I thought she was with you? Is she gone?" Katie's mom asked with a scared voice.

"Uh no we ha-" ricky covered Gregory mouth, cutting him off and said "oh! Yeah we forgot we were supposed to meet at my house not hers, ugh haha so stupid!" Ricky scratched his head.

"Oh! Ok kiddos! You had me worried for a second, but when you do see her tell her she must be home by Sunday night if she's staying the night. see ya later!" Katie's mom said as she shut the door.

Ricky took Gregory hand and dragged him to their bikes. Gregory noticed Ricky's hand holding his and blushed but then looked at Ricky, in a upset way.

Gregory pulled his hand away from rickys grip. "Why did you do that?" Gregory asked confused why Ricky didn't tell Katie's mother she was missing.

"I didn't wanna make her worried,  maybe she ran away again like she always does! You know how she is!" Ricky yelled.

Ricky didn't yell at gregory, he knew gregory could not take being yelled at especially because his dad drank a lot.

"I- I'm sorry" Gregory stuttered.

Ricky gasped

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to yell" Ricky hugged Gregory.

" no I'm sorry. I'm so sensitive, and for what?" Gregory said.

" don't apologize, okay? I know how it is for you. And I had no reason to yell."

Gregory smiled and they hugged.

They both went to Gregory's house.

"So, are we just gonna wait till tomorrow to tell Katie's mom?" Gregory asked

"Yeah" Ricky said " just in case she might've just ran away." He added

" okay, good night Ricky."

"Night greg."

then they went to sleep.