Forgiveness

Paris smiled as Justine and Kelsey shared their excitement with her. But she wasn't excited, this was exactly what she didn't want to happen.
She smiled anyway. Paris explained the situation to her sister in law and mother in law. But before anyone could offer any sound advice, Shane walked in.

No words were spoken as he approached his mom, bending down to hug her.

"About time .." She said, with tears in her eyes.

As stubborn as Shane was she thought by the time he finally came around she'd be gone. She understood why he stayed away but she also knew he'd regret it in the long run. They needed all of the time they could possibly get together.

"We'll go .. and let y'all talk .." Kelsey said, raising from her seat ..

Not only did she wanna give them some privacy but she also wanted to ask Paris more questions.

They both kissed their mother in law on her cheek and walked out of the room. Kelsey grabbed Paris' arm, dragging her out of Justine's suite. She closed the door behind them.

"You got some explaining to do .." Kelsey whispered as they made their way down the stairs ..

Paris sighed, "I don't want to talk about it right now Kelsey .." She said. Drained. She was tired of everything, the only thing she wanted to do was take a nap.

"What are you gonna do ?" Kelsey asked, ignoring everything she had just said

"I don't know yet .. I'm thinking about it .. I just found out today .." Paris replied

"You don't seem happy about it .." She said as they made their way into the kitchen, Paris sat down at the bar next to Kelsey ..

"I'm not .." She replied, honestly ..

"Well, you already know what I think you should do.." Kels said, with a devious smile..

Giving a lazy smile, Paris' phone went off.

"Hello" She said into the phone, placing it on speaker ..

"You made it ?" Xavier asked

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't text .. I forgot .." She replied

"It's cool .. You still goin to that dinner with me tonight ?" He asked

Pausing, Paris wanted to say no. She didn't want to be around anyone. Especially not him, especially not Shane.
She wanted to spend the rest of the day with her kids but she also didn't want him to feel ghosted.

"Yeah, I won't be able to stay long though .. I'm pretty tired .." She said

"I'm grateful for anything you offer .." Xavier replied

Smiling, Paris looked over at Kelsey who was listening to the entire conversation. She smirked.

"I'll see you tonight .." She replied

"Alright .." X said

Paris disconnected the call.

"I wouldn't wanna be you right now .." Kelsey said, "Too bad you can't drink .." She teased

Glaring at her, Paris scooted off of the bar stool. "I'm gonna go, I don't want to run into Shane again .." She said

"Okay, call me tonight .." Kelsey said

Nodding, Paris didn't give much feedback. Grabbing her bag, she didn't even bother to say goodbye to anyone. She wanted to slip out unseen. All of her emotions were plastered across her face and she didn't want anyone to notice that.

She felt herself slipping into a depression. Paris couldn't even remember the last time she had felt that emotional, it's like everything she had learned to bottle in was now coming out.
Getting into her truck she slammed the door shut, locking the doors. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath before driving off. The feeling in her gut made her want to vomit. Whether it was morning sickness or just plain nerves, she was feeling it. Rubbing her belly in an attempt to calm herself down, she drove off. In silence, she thought to herself.
Her first abortion had emotionally drained her, it haunted her. She didn't know if she was prepared to go through with that again. But she also didn't know if having this baby was the best option either.
She didn't know what to tell Xavier nor Shane. So she kept it to herself instead.