THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO

THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER THREE

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER THREE

Lenora, California
March 22, 1986

" CAN YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME? " The male asked as he looked at Angela. "Um, Angela"She responded. "Angela, Do you know where you are, Angela?"The male nodded as he asked "Um, Rink..Rink-O-Mania, I think?"She said as the crowd surrounding them whisper to each other. "Rink-O-Mania. Very good."

People began to look at Y/n who was sitting down at one of the tables. Bouncing her leg up and down as she furrowed her eyebrows. Mike and El look at her as Y/n began to take deep breaths.

"I know this may be, like, upsetting and shit, but that future prom queen is gonna be fine"Argyle said. "It's just, like, rubber wheels"Argyle looked back at Y/n. "Plastic!"Jonathan said. "Oh.."Argyle nodded. "Not like hard plastic, just..just the soft kind"Jonathan looked back at Y/n then looked forward. "Totally."

"But you ever wonder why the wheels aren't wood, man?"Argyle asked. "Or metal?"Argyle added. "So people don't get hurt when they get shmacked"Argyle's eyes widened. "Oh.."Jonathan nodded. "Because it happens more than you think, man."

"Roller-skate attacks"Argyle looked back at Y/n. "Man. Hey, at least it wasn't an ice skate"Jonathan says. "That nose would've been sliced clean off, man!"Argyle nodded. The two exclaim as Jonathan touches his nose. "It could've been so much worse."

"So much worse.."Jonathan and Argyle look back at Y/n. "In the grand scheme of things, it's just a little blip"Jonathan says as Y/n frowns a bit. "That's a funny word, man"Argyle smiled.

"Blip."

"Blip."

"Blip."

"Blip, blip, blip, blip, blip, blip, blip."

The group enters the house, "Mom?"Will called out as they all enter the kitchen. "Well, well! Aren't you lot a sight for sore eyes, huh?"Murray asked. "Hi, Murray!"Jonathan waved as he smiled. "You kids like risotto?"

-

"There I was, headed down the I-5, going to see a client in Ventura"Murray said. "I'm looking for a motel to stay for the night, and suddenly, bam, it hits me!"Murray slammed his hand on the table. "Didn't the Byers move here?"Murray asked. "Small world, isn't it? It's a small world"Joyce smiled.