THE MIND FLAYER

THE MIND FLAYER━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER EIGHT

THE MIND FLAYER
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER EIGHT

Hawkins, Indiana
November 2, 1984

" WHAT THE HELL? " Bob says as he removes his hands from Mike's shoulders as the alarm goes off."We're too late"Mike said. "What?"Bob looked at him confused. "We're too late!"Mike yelled as the two run back to Will. "What's going on?"Joyce asked. "We're under attack"Mike responded.

"We need to make Will sleep"Mike picked up a syringe. "What?"Joyce furrowed her eyebrows. "He's a spy! If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster"Mike explained. "He's lying!"Will yelled out. "He killed those soldiers, He'll kill us too!"Mike said. "He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!"Will yelled out repeatedly.

"Those are gunshots!"Bob yelled out. "He's lying! He's lying!"Will continued to yell. "Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen, Do you know who I am?"Joyce asked. "Do you know who I am?"Joyce asked again. "You're..You're..You're mom!"Will answered.

"Hold him down"Joyce said to Bob. "No!No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!"Will yelled. "No let me go!"He yelled as Joyce started apologizing.Mike covered his ears as it went down. Joyce injected the syringe as Will slowly stopped repeating his words. Hopper bursted through the door with Dr.Owens.

They hear growling noises as Hopper turns around. "We gotta go! We gotta go!"Hopper yelled as he picked up Will. The group runs down the hallway as they see a Demo-Dog jump on someone.The group enters a room and closes the door shut.

Bob looks at the cameras in the room and sees all the Demo-Dogs. "Oh my God"Bob says as Mike looks at the cameras. Suddenly there's a huge crash and the power goes out.

"Look, this is us and this is the nearest exit"Dr.Owens circled parts of the map. "But even if we somehow make it there, there's no way out."Dr.Owen said. "What do you mean?"Hopper asked. "The locks are fail secure"Dr.Owens answered.

"Fail secure?"Joyce asked. "If there's a power outage, the building goes on full lockdown."Dr.Owens started explaining. "Can it be unlocked remotely"Bob asked."With a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers"Dr.Owens said. "Where are the breakers?"Hopper asked. "Breakers are in the basement, three floors down."He answered.

"Hey, where are you going?"Bob asked. "To reset the breakers"Hopper looked at him. "Okay, then what?"Bob asked. "Then we get out of here"Hopper said."No, then the power comes back on"Bob says. "If you wanna unlock the doors, you have to reboot the computer system"Bob explained.

"Then override the security codes with a manual input"Bob added. "Fine, how do I do that?"Hopper asked. "You can't not unless you know BASIC"Bob responded. "I don't know what that means"Hopper said. "It's a computer programming language"Mike answered. "Teach it to me"Hopper said.