THE PIGGYBACK

THE PIGGYBACK━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER NINE

THE PIGGYBACK
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER NINE

-long chapter! sorry if there's any spelling errors.

Ruth, Nevada
March 27, 1986

" IS THERE ANYWAY YOU COULD JUST.." Jonathan talked with someone on the phone as El walked away from the four. She looked at the billboard which showed a family on it. She slightly furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the mom and daughter on the billboard.

FLASHBACK

"Breathe, Sunflower, Rainbow"Terry repeated. "Three to the right, Four to the left, Four-fifty"Terry says. "Mama?"El asked as she walked towards Terry. "Mama, it's me.."El says. "Jane."

-

Y/n whimpered as she tried to get out of Billy's grip. "LET GO!"El yelled as she tried to pull Billy's hand off Y/n. "Something's wrong"Mike said as the group watched Y/n whimper. "STOP! NO! NO! NO!"Y/n yelled as she tried to get out of his grip. El was now trying to pull Y/n's hand.

END OF FLASHBACKS

"Damn it"Jonathan said as he hanged up the phone. "What'd they say?"Will asked. "Earliest is tomorrow"Jonathan looked at Mike, Will, and Y/n. "No! That's way too late"Mike shook his head. "Shit"Will threw his head back.

"I know"Jonathan said softly. "Hey, dudes?"Argyle said as the four look at him. "Ask 'em if we can ride in the baggage compartment"Argyle said as he walked towards them. "The baggage compartment?"Jonathan asked. "We'd suffocate"Mike said. "Dogs ride in there all the time, man."

"They don't suffocate"Argyle shook his head as Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. "Jesus Christ"Jonathan face-palmed. "Holy shit.."Mike looked down. "I have a way"El said as she walked towards them. "A way to protect Max"El added. "From here"She raised her eyebrows.

El draws a stick figure on the van of Argyle's. "This is Max"El said. "When One attacks, he'll be in her mind"She said as she made another stick figure. "But me and Y/n can do that too"El said. "I went into Mama's mind, into Billy's and Y/n has done the same."

"We can go into Max's. She can carry us to Vecna"El draws two more stick figures. "We can piggyback. We can protect her"El said as she turned around to face them. "From One"El added. "Fight him from here"El said. "Mind fight. Righteous."

"Wait, so you actually think this can work?"Mike asked. "A bathtub would help"El said. "Yeah. Gotta be clean to enter the mind"Argyle nodded. "What? No? no. It's a sensory deprivation tank"Mike furrowed his eyebrows. "It helps them calm down and focus on their powers."