E PLURIBUS UNUM

E PLURBIBUS UNUM━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER SIX

E PLURBIBUS UNUM
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER SIX

Hawkins, Indiana
July 2, 1985

THE LIGHTS FLICKERED AS THE PARTY WAS HUDDLED UP. Will touched the back of his neck as his eyes widened, "He's here"Will said. The party starts heading to the elevator completely ignoring the woman behind the desk.

Max pressed the button multiple times waiting for the elevator to open. "Stairs"Mike said as they all ran to the door. Mike opened the door as they all ran up the stairs. Meanwhile, "GODDAMN IT!"Jonathan yelled as he pounded on the door.

He grabbed one of the oxygen tanks and started hitting the window with it. The group ran towards Jonathan as El broke the door down with one single head tilt. "Jesus!"Mike said as they all looked at the monster. "WHAT THE F—"

The monster roared as it charged towards El and Y/n. El yelled as she threw the monster to the wall. She yelled again as she threw it to the other side. The creature shrieks as it's thrown to the ceiling. She yelled as she threw it back to the ground trying to catch her breath.

It charges towards them once again as Y/n raised both of her hands up. She screamed as she set the the monster on fire and threw it out the window. "GO!"Y/n said as the group ran outside the hospital. Nancy and Jonathan catches up with them as they ran out.

Watching the monster melt itself to make it go through the vent on the floor. El and Y/n furrowed their eyebrows as blood runs down their nose. Y/n wiped her nose then sniffled as the monster was no longer to be seen.

•••

"It can't be good for them to be in there for this long"Mike said. "Mike, you need to relax"Max furrowed her eyebrows. "What if they get brain damage or something?!"Mike asked. "Oh shit. Is that, like, a real thing?"Lucas asked. "No, it's not. He made it up."

"Mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about"Max raised her eyebrows. "Oh, and you do?"Mike asked. "No, I.."Max said as Nancy got on the phone. "Yes, from The Hawkins Post"Nancy said.
"I—I called a couple days ago about the—"

"Yes, yes, um..I was just..following up to see if anything else had gone missing or if—Okay"Nancy said. "Um, sorry to bother—"Nancy cut herself off as the man on the other side of the phone hanged up. "Who's next?"Nancy asked as she stood next to Jonathan.

"There is no next unless you want to start calling random people's home"Jonathan said she placed the paper on the table. "It doesn't make sense"Nancy furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "What part of any of this makes sense?"Jonathan asked. "There's a pattern, okay? A consistency to their behavior."

"They've been feeding on these chemicals since this started, and—and, what, they just stop, out of the blue?"She asked as she threw her hands down. "Maybe they have all the chemicals they need"Will looked at her. "Maybe they've all turned into those..things."