THE BODY

THE BODY━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER FOUR

THE BODY
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER FOUR

Hawkins, Indiana
November 8, 1983

Y/N OPENED HER EYES AS SHE FINISHED VISITING MIKE AND EL IN THE VOID. "Will—Gone?"Y/n frowned as she tried not to cry. "Gone..Gone.."Y/n repeated as she curled herself into a ball and sobbed. Wiping her tears as nosebleed as she tried not to sob, "One—One more time"Y/n told herself.

She closed her eyes as she thought about Will. Y/n gasped as she enters the void, walking in the darkness and seeing nothing. "Will?!"She yelled as she walked around. "WILL?!?"She screamed but heard nothing back. Y/n started to really think Will was actually gone but she also thought she couldn't find him in the void because she's drained.

Y/n opened her eyes as she left the void. She could feel her head throbbing from the amount of energy she's been using ever since she got in here. "So stupid, so stupid"She told herself as she thought about how she entered here.

•••

Mike looks through some drawings as El plays with the walkie-talkie. "Can you please stop that?"Mike asked as he looked at El. El quickly turns off the walkie-talkie as Mike then looks away. She looks at the walkie-talkie and turns it on again. "Are you deaf?"Mike raised his voice. "I thought we were friends, you know?"

"But friends tell each other the truth"Mike says. "And they definitely don't lie to each other"Mike added. "You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't! He wasn't!"Mike said as El frowned a bit. "Maybe you thought you were helping but you weren't"

"You hurt me, Do you understand?"Mike asked. "What you did sucks"Mike looked at her. "Lucas was right about you, all along"Mike looked back at the drawings. "So come on and let me know"Will sang over the radio. "Should I stay or should I go?"Will sang as El looked up at Mike. "Should I stay or should I go now?"Will sang as Mike quickly walked to El.

El handed Mike the walkie-talkie as Will kept singing. "If I go there will be trouble"Will sang. "Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy?"Mike asked as he grabbed the walkie-talkie. "Over"He added as El looked at Mike. "Will, are you there?"Mike asked but only received static. "Will!"Mike raised his voice."Was that.. Was it.."Mike says. "Will"El smiled a bit.

••

Whimpering comes from the walkie-talkie as the party sits with El. "We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?"Mike asked. "Yeah, I heard a baby"Lucas says. "What?"Mike asked. "Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor"Lucas says. "It's probably the Blackburns' next door"Lucas added.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you?"Mike asked. "That was Will!"Mike raised his voice a bit. "Mike.."Lucas says. "Lucas, you don't understand! He spoke last night"Mike says. "Words!"Mike added. "He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!"Mike looked at El. "Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess—"Lucas gets cut off.