THE FLAYED

THE FLAYED ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER FIVE

THE FLAYED
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER FIVE

Hawkins, Indiana
July 2, 1985

" I FOUND HIM " Y/n said as she watched Hopper kill a bug. "Where is he?"El asked as blood went down Y/n's nose. "Woods"Y/n answered. "Woods?"Lucas asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. "He's with..Will's mom"Y/n added. "My—My mom?"

"What are they doing?"Max asked as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Ill..annoy..?"Y/n tried to pronounce the word. "They're going to Ill-annoy"She said as Karen knocked on the door. "MIKE! BREAKFAST!"She yelled from upstairs. "NOT NOW, MOM!"Mike yelled back as he turned around.

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state?"Mike asked as he faced Y/n again. "The state of Illinois?"Mike asked again as she took off the blindfold. "Uh—Ill-annoy..?"Y/n stammered as she shrugged.

Max turned on the water tap and let some water fall onto the towel she held. She cleaned Y/n's nose as her and El took notice of Y/n's neck. Y/n slightly touched her bruised neck as she looked at it through the mirror. "Does it still hurt?"El asked.

"Only when I talk"Y/n looked at El. "Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike, then! "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" And you'd be in constant pain"Max smiled as the three girls laugh. Meanwhile, "Something's not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer."

"Now all of a sudden he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois?"Mike asked as he paced back and forth. "And Dustin's MIA, too? I mean, this can't be a coincidence"Mike said. "What does it matter? The bottom line is, they're not here."

"It's up to us"Lucas pointed at them. "Up to us to do what exactly?"Mike asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Find Billy and stop him"Lucas responded. "Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El and N/n could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?"

"We burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time"Lucas said as he put his hand in the cereal box for more coco puffs. "Okay, then what?"Mike asked. "Then we win"Lucas pointed at him. "No, see, that's the problem."

"We don't! We don't win! We got the Mind Flayer out of Will before and he just came right back"Mike raised his eyebrows. "We don't just have to stop Billy, we have to stop the Mind Flayer"Mike added. "How in the hell do we do that?"Lucas asked.

"I don't know"Mike responded. "Maybe El and Y/n do"Will looked up as Mike stopped pacing. "What are they still doing in there?"Mike asked as Lucas stood up. "I don't know! Girls just like hanging out in bathrooms.."Lucas said as he stuffed more cereal in his mouth. "Why?"Mike asked as Will stood up as well.

"I mean, I don't know"Lucas shrugged. "They're conspiring against me"Mike looked at Will. "That's what you're concerned about now?"Will asked. "It's not my main concern..it's just a sub-concern"Mike explained. "I thought it was already over"Will said. "It's not over, okay? We're just taking a break."