THE MASSACRE AT HAWKINS LAB

THE MASSACRE AT HAWKINS LAB━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER SEVEN

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER SEVEN

Ruth, Nevada
March 27, 1986

Y/N STARES AT THE EMPTY COKE CAN IN FRONT OF HER. Y/n focuses on the can trying to make it crush. Suddenly, she gets flashbacks of a event she's trying to remember. Y/n gasped as she looked at the coke can.

"We're running out of time here, Martin. Hawkins is running out of time"Owens looked at him. "I understand the stakes quite well"Dr.Brenner said. "Sometimes I wonder if you really do..or maybe you've just done all this 'cause you missed your daddy-daughters time."

Dr.Brenner slowly turned his head to look at Owens. "I've given you everything you asked for! I've compromised my principles. I've risked my life, my family's life"He furrowed his eyebrows. "All because you assured me this would work, that this was the only way."

"But I don't see any progress out there, Martin"Owens said as he looked at Y/n. "You know what I see? I see a frightened, traumatized little girl"He pointed at Y/n. "Good for us"Owens said then proceeded to exit the room.

"The truth is, you're regressing, Four"Dr.Brenner looked at her. "You're going backwards"He added as Y/n looked down. "Four, look at me"He said as Y/n still didn't look at him. Dr.Brenner sat down beside her, "Look at me"He said softly.

"I know you're frightened"He said as Y/n looked at him. "You're terribly frightened by what you've seen. But it's this very fear that's now holding you back."

"If you want Nina to succeed, you cannot hide from the truth, no matter how frightening it may be"Dr.Brenner said. "I saw what I did.."Y/n said softly as she frowned. "I am a monster.."

"You speak of monsters, superheroes. That's the stuff of myth and fairy tales"He said. "Reality, truth, is rarely so simple"Dr.Brenner says as Y/n looked at him. "People are not so easily defined."

"Only by facing all of ourselves, the good and the bad, can we become whole"Dr.Brenner said. "What If I don't wanna become whole?"Y/n asked. "Then that is a choice"He answered. "Your choice"He added. "The door is always open."

"This place is not a prison. This is.."Dr.Brenner gently touched her head. "You chose to trust me once. I'm asking you to trust me again"Dr.Brenner said as he removed his hand. "Journey with me into the past one last time."

" STOP HIDING, FOUR. "

•••

"Try your best to not blink"Dr.Brenner said as he put the light in front of Y/n's eyes. He turned it off as he looked at her, "Any more headaches?"He asked. "Nausea this morning?"Dr.Brenner asked as Y/n shook her head in response. "How about your memory?"