THE GATE

THE GATE━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER NINE

THE GATE
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER NINE

Hawkins, Indiana
November 2, 1984

" Y/N ? " Mike walked to Y/n as she walked to him as well. "Mike"Y/n gasped as she hugged him. Y/n frowned as she tried not to cry. "Are they.."Max looked at Lucas. Lucas nodded as he looked at Max. "I never gave up on you"Mike pulled out of the hug.

"I called you every night! Every night for—"Mike gets cut off by Y/n. "353 days, I heard"Y/n shook her head as she looked at him. "Why didn't you tell me you were there?"Mike asked. "That you were okay?"Mike asked. "Because I wouldn't let her"Hopper said. "The hell is this? Where have you two been?"

"Where have you been?"Y/n frowned as her, El, and Hopper hug each other. "You've been hiding them"Mike said. "You've been hiding them this whole time!"Mike hit Hopper. "Hey!"Hopper grabbed Mike. "Let's talk, alone."

-

"We missed you two"Lucas said as him, Dustin, El, and Y/n have a group hug. "We missed you, too"El and Y/n say. "We talked about you guys pretty much every day"Dustin said as they pulled out of the hug. Y/n tilted her head as she touches Dustin's teeth.

"Teeth"Y/n removed her hand. "What?"Dustin looked at her confused. "You have teeth"El said. "Oh! You guys like these pearls?"Dustin asked as he purrs. Y/n looked at Dustin confused than smiled. "Eleven? Y/n?"Max entered the conversation. "Hey. Um, I'm Max."

"I've heard a lot about you guys"Max held her hand out for them to shake. Y/n nodded than left the conversation. El looked at Y/n weird than shook Max's hand.

Joyce enters the kitchen with El and Y/n. Y/n and El see the sign that says "CLOSE GATE." "You opened this gate before, right?"Joyce asked as she looked at El. "Yes"El answered.

"Do you think if we got you guys back there, that you guys could close it?" Joyce asked as she looked at them.Y/n and El looked at Joyce as the others entered the kitchen.

-

"It's not like it was before. It's grown"Hopper sighed. "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there"Hopper says. "The place is crawling with those dogs"Hopper added. "Demo-dogs"Dustin corrected him. "I'm sorry, what?"Hopper asked as he sighed. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs."

"Like Demogorgon and dogs"Dustin says. "You put them together, it sounds pretty badass—"Dustin gets cut off. "How is this important right now?"Hopper asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. "It's not. I'm sorry"Dustin looked away. "I can do it"Y/n looked at Hopper. "You're not hearing me."

"I'm hearing you. I can do it"Y/n nodded. "Even if N/n can, there's still another problem"Mike says. "If the brain dies, the body dies"Mike added. "I thought that was the whole point"Max furrowed her eyebrows.