TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER TWO

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER TWO

Hawkins, Indiana
October 30, 1984

HOPPER IS COOKING AS HE TURNS AROUND TO SEE EL AS A GHOST."Oh, Jesus!"Hopper said as he looked at her again. "Ghost"El says softly. "GHOST NUMBER TWO"Y/n walks into the kitchen as she's dressed as a ghost. "Yeah, I see that"Hopper places the food on the plates. "Halloween"El says as she looks at him.

"Sure is! But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat"Hopper says. "They wouldn't see us"El says causing Hopper to look at her. "Who wouldn't see you guys?"Hopper asked as he placed the plates on the table. "The bad men"El says as the two girls follow him to the table.

"What are you talking about?"Hopper asked as Y/n took off the white blanket and sat down. "Trick or treat"El said as she stood in front of him. "You guys want to go trick-or-treating?"Hopper looked at Y/n then El. "You guys know the rules"Hopper stood up. "Yes, but—"El gets cut off.

"Yeah, so you know the answer"Hopper says as he placed his hands on her shoulders and led her to her seat. "No, but they wouldn't see us!"El says. "I don't care, all right?"Hopper repeated. "But they wouldn't see us"El repeated. "You go out there, ghost or not, it's a risk!"

"We don't take risks! All right?"Hopper asked. "They're stupid, and.."Hopper looked at El. "We're not stupid!"El raised her voice. "Exactly, Now, you take that off, sit down and eat! Your food's getting cold"Hopper says as he sits down. El takes off the blanket and sits down.  Hopper pours syrup on three of the plates.

"All right, look.."Hopper sighed. "How about I get off early tonight, and I buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we watch a scary movie together?"Hopper looked at the two. "How's that for a compromise?"Hopper asked. "C-Compromise?"Y/n stuttered as she tried to pronounce the word.

"C-O-M-promise, compromise"Hopper looked at Y/n. "How about that's the word for the day? Yeah?"Hopper asked as he looked at El. "It's something that's kinda in-between! It's like halfway happy"Hopper explained. "By 5-1-5?"Y/n asked as she tilted her head. "5:15, Yeah, sure"Hopper nodded.

"Promise?"Y/n asked as she then looked at El. "Yes, I promise"Hopper says. "Halfway happy"Y/n shrugged as she started to eat. Hopper smiled a bit as he ruffled the two girls hair causing them both to smile as the three start to eat their breakfast.

•••

Dustin,Mike,and Lucas are humming Ghostbusters theme song as they arrive at school on their bikes.They continue singing as they park their bikes, "Who you gonna call?"Dustin,Lucas,and Mike ask."Ghostbusters!"Will said coming behind them."Hey Spengler!"

"Egon!"Lucas yelled as he hugged Will."Venkman!"Will yelled as he hugged back. "Whoa,Whoa"Mike said as Will and Lucas pull out of the hug."What?"Lucas asked."Why are you Venkman?"Mike asked."Because I'm Venkman"Lucas said.