The Eighth Burn

Sayaka wakes up all alone in the schol infirmary. She had expected a certain blue eyed president to be laying her head by her bed.

"Its a good thing you are awake, Ms. Igarashi," the school nurse said, snapping the student council secretary out of her stupor.

"Where is the president?"

"Kirari Momobami left last night. There was some sort of emergency that needed her attention right away." the nurse informs her before leaving.

Sayaka grabbed her phone and dialled Kirari's phone. She had given her 27 missed calls already but Kirari still did bot answer. The student council secretary was hurt that Kirari had left her all alone in the clinic.

What kind of emergency was that to keep Kirari from my side? Sayaka thought.

"By any chance, did you know if where she went?" Sayaka inquires as she made her way out of the infirmary.

"I heard that the seito kaichou was expected in the city hospital. I guess it was a family matter perhaps?"

The student council secretary trudged her way towards the city hospital. She had gone up to the reception area. "By any chance, did a Kirari Momobami enter the premises last night?"

"Oh wait lemme check."The receptionist tells her." Yes, Ms. Momobami is still here. It should be on one of the private rooms of the top floor. You know, VIP floors. "

Sayaka made her way up to the upper floors. She had spotted thd familliar figure of Sachiko Juraku waiting by the hospital hallway.

"What are you doing here?" Sachiko inquires with a curt tone. At the same time, Y/N's mom made her way out of the room. She eyed Sayaka with such interest.

"Are you from the school as well?"

"Y-Yes, i am the student council secretary, maa-"

Ha Yoon Moon cut Sayaka off. "Unfortunately, Kirari did wished to not be disturbed. Any matters of the student council should go through Ririka. I hope you understand, hija. After all, it is a family emergency. Family comes first."

"Auntie..." Ririka said as she made her way towards the Moon matriarch with Mary in tow. The eldest Momobami twin kissed her mother in law's cheek. Mary Saotome did the same as well. "I brought Kirari a spare  pair of clothes. She's still in her uniform."

"Oh, sure. Go inside my dear." Ririka was ushered inside by her mother in law. Sayaka held Mary Saotome back.

"Family." Sayaka reminds Mary.

The blonde haired girl in pigtails snickers. "Oh, I'm considered as family, Igarashi-san. Since i am dating Ririka, they considered me as one."
Sayaka Igarashi stood awkwardly in the door. She rolled her eyes to stop her tears from falling.

Kirari, why are you doing this to me? Sayaka thought.

-----------

"Where is the seito kaichou?"

Kirari's absence was felt by the student council. It had been three days since the Moon heiress's car crash and Kirari Momobami was yet to show up in the academy.

"My sister is away due to clan business, Igarashi." Ririka said with the robotic voice her mask gave her. It gave a touch of caution within the members of the student council. "And it would be much better if you stop giving her missed calls every few minutes. Its distracting."

Sayaka's cheeks tinge pink with Ririka's comment. "I merely wanted to  check if she is okay since she's not answering my calls."

"That's why she got herself suspended then," Ririka revealed.

"What?!" Sayaka asks angrily.

"The Pres got herself suspended? I wonder what she did NYAHAHAHAHA," Runa exclaimed as she cheerfully dug her hands into a bowl of popcorn.

"Ririka Momobami, what did you do?!" Sayaka asked. "How the hell did the kaichou get suspended. We all know it is Kirari who settles sanctions unless- You suspended her!"

"A complaint was filed about you and Kirari's excessive PDA. There was a claim that the two of you had sex in her office during school hours,"

Ririka's gaze landed on Yuriko Nishinotouin who had a ghost of a smile in her face. The girl in a kimono had filed for a complaint for the president and her secretary's excessive PDA. It was the right timing after all, Ririka was looking for a perfect cover up for Kirari's absence.

"Ara ara..." Ririka walks over to her sister's secretary. "Sayaka, even though Hyakkaou mainly focuses on gambling, i do not tolerate misconduct in school grounds. Let alone from student council members like you. My sister may have been lax and excuse you for your impudence yet i will not do so."

Sayaka stared at the vice president who used to be so quiet. Ever since Ririka had been around Mary, the secretary notrd that Ririka was not entirely obedient as usual." U-Understood, miss vice president. "

There was no use arguing because as of now, Ririka Momobami had all the power in her hands.

----------

Kirari awoke to hear the quietness of the hospital room. Her eyes drifted to her surroundings as everything seemed to be quiet as usual.

Her eyes drifted to the heart monitor. She had been accustomed to hear it slowly beeping. It was then when she realized that the monitor was not moving at all.

She screamed.

Kirari jolted awake. Her mother in law came to her side as the blue eyed president checked Y/N's pulse rate or if she was breathing at all.

"Kirari, calm down." The Moon matriarch tells her. "Goodness, you are a mess."

"I-It felt so real." the platinum haired girl stammered. "She was dying in my dream an-"

If Y/N dies, i lose everything. My position as clanhead, my family, my duties. Kirari thought.

Ha Yoon Moon shuns her as she engulfed her daughter in law in a hug. The Momobami clab head stiffens with such display of affection. Her mother in law strokes her messy hair.

"It must have been hard for you, isn't it? You cannot falter, my dear, not when Y/N needs your support the most. Come on, you should eat first. The lack of food in your system will make you vulnerable."

The Momobami clan head was led to the table as her mother in law tended to her. For a minute, she felt guilty for lying to them in the first place. It just not feels right at all.

"I cannot thank you enough, my dear." Y/N's mom tells her. "You have gone out of your way to tske care of your wife. My Y/N is very lucky that you prioritize her over other matters. Thank you, my darling daughter in law."

Her mother in law's words made Kirari Momobami feel much guilty than usual.