Sixtieth Burn

Sachiko's footsteps echoed angrily down the hallway as she stormed towards Aoi's dorm, her frustration boiling beneath the surface. The door flew open with a forceful shove, revealing Aoi sitting at his desk, seemingly unperturbed by her sudden entrance.

"What is the meaning of this, Aoi?" Sachiko's voice was sharp with anger as she advanced into the room, her eyes blazing with fury. "How could you allow Mikura to go after Y/N like that? I explicitly told you that Y/N is off-limits."

Aoi raised an eyebrow, his expression unreadable as he regarded Sachiko calmly. "And yet, here we are," he replied evenly. "I assure you, Sachiko, I had no knowledge of Mikura's actions. She acted on her own accord."

Sachiko's jaw clenched as she fought to contain her rage. "That's not good enough, Aoi," she spat, her voice trembling with suppressed fury. "Y/N is under my protection, and if anything happens to her, it will be on your head."

Aoi leaned back in his chair, a faint smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Is that a threat, Sachiko?" he asked, his tone deceptively calm.

Sachiko's eyes narrowed, her hands curling into fists at her sides. "Consider it a warning," she replied through gritted teeth. "I won't hesitate to take matters into my own hands if I have to."

Aoi reclined in his chair, his gaze steady as Sachiko unleashed her frustration. When she paused for breath, he leaned forward, his voice calm yet laced with a hint of amusement. "You're overreacting, Sachiko," he said dismissively. "Y/N was beginning to stick her nose where it doesn't belong. She met with Sakura, didn't she?"

Sachiko's eyes widened in surprise at the mention of Aoi's fiance, but she quickly masked her reaction with a steely glare. "What does Sakura have to do with this?" she demanded, her tone sharp.

Aoi chuckled darkly, leaning back in his chair with a smirk. "Let's just say Sakura won't be causing any more problems," he replied cryptically. "As for Y/N, Mikura's little stunt was just a harmless prank to scare her off. Nothing more."

Sachiko's jaw clenched at Aoi's nonchalant attitude. "Harmless prank or not, Aoi, Y/N is under my protection," she snapped, her voice tinged with warning. "I won't tolerate anyone interfering with her."

Aoi's smirk widened as he regarded Sachiko with amusement. "You're awfully protective of her, Sachiko," he remarked casually. "I wonder what Kirari would think if she knew just how far you're willing to go for her precious assistant secretary." With a dismissive wave of his hand, he added, "But I suppose that's none of my concern."

Sachiko's eyes narrowed as Sakura emerged from Aoi's bedroom, her hair cascading down her shoulders to partially conceal the bruise on her jaw. The sight ignited a surge of anger within Sachiko, and she took a step forward, her voice icy with fury. "What happened to you, Miharutaki?" she demanded, her tone sharp.

Sakura flinched slightly at Sachiko's accusing tone but quickly composed herself, straightening her posture as she met Sachiko's gaze head-on. "It's nothing," she replied evasively, brushing off the concern in Sachiko's voice. "Just a little accident."

Sachiko's expression softened slightly, but the concern in her eyes remained. "That doesn't look like 'nothing' to me," she retorted, her voice softening with genuine worry. "Did Aoi do this to you?"

Sakura hesitated for a moment, her gaze flickering away before she met Sachiko's eyes once more. "It's complicated," she admitted reluctantly, her voice tinged with resignation. "But I'm fine, Sachiko. You don't need to worry about me."

Sachiko's concern deepened at Sakura's evasive response, but before she could press further, Aoi's voice cut through the tension. "Everything okay out here, ladies?" he called from the doorway, his tone casual.