Chapter 37

NORMANI POV (ONE MONTH LATER)

With my cast off and my shoulder better, I can go back to teaching. It's been a whole year and some months now. So I've missed my kids stepping up to 1st grade....again And now I'll have a new round of kids. To say I'm nervous is an understatement, I'm fucking terrified. What if they don't like me, what if something happens like it did last time. What if I get kidnapped again. A whole bunch of what ifs.

I love teaching and I would not stop doing that. But I'm just freaking terrified to be back in the building. Everyone knows what happened, and oh gosh are they gonna blow it out the water.

It's bad enough I've been fighting Meg on it since I've made the decision. She thinks since they're both celebrities now that I don't have to work. Um hell no! I love my independence, and don't want to rely on them for anything.

If I can buy it myself I will. I don't want their money. And that's something Megan isn't getting. I love them but I don't wanna be crippled to only depending on them for things I need. I love when they spoil me but I can't let them do that, they do too much for me already.

Which has me here today looking at myself in the mirror. Dressed and ready to go, but as I stare at myself all I see is fear. Megan comes behind me, giving me a kiss on my neck as she looks at me through the mirror.

"You ready for today Princess?"
"Mmhm" I answer her but don't look at her

"Tell me Baby.. talk to me" she says

"I'm fine Megan... just leave me alone" I say still upset at her. Not wanting to talk. We argued last night and all I want to do is be as far away from her as possible today.

She take a deep breath, "I don't want to fight Normani. We did enough of that. I just want to make sure you're good for today. That's it"

"And I said I'm fine. You made your point clear this past month..... especially last night and I'm tired. I'm going to work and that's it"

"I wasn't even trying to not get you to go to work. I know teaching is what you love. So I wouldn't take that from you. But-"

"It's always a but with you. Just be your high famous celebrity self and leave me alone" I say pushing her arms from around me and walking downstairs.

Downstairs I'm greeted by Jorden and our beautiful babies.

"Good morning my loves! " I say
"Good morning Mama" Jordan says as I give her a kiss on her forehead. Then give Junior a kiss on the forehead as I tickle his stomach.

"Look at you looking all fine and sexy.. baby" Jorden says giving me a big hug and kiss

He grabs my face looking into my eyes, "Please can you be nice to Mommy. I know what she said...... was harsh, but you know she just wants you safe"

"Uh I know Daddy... I know. But she's so possessive. Like I can't do anything without her always wanting to put me on lockdown. You've seen it! She didn't even want me to leave the house... Let alone go to work now. I'm grateful for her..... for you both, but I can't take it. I want to be independent Daddy. You understand.. right?"

"I do baby. I do... but know that she cares for you. She just worries, and -"

"But she doesn't have to yell and fight with me. I just want to be me, I don't want to be under y'all spotlight. Let me be who I always was, and will be. Before and after we've met... I'm not gonna change... ever. But she's even more possessive now, like I can't do anything"

"Alright baby.. I'll talk to her... you just enjoy this French toast and get that fine ass of yours to work before I get you pregnant again" he mumbles the last part in my ear causing me to shiver.