episode thirteen

the junkyard

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

FINALLY PULLING INTO THE JUNKYARD, THE PARTY SLID TO A STOP TO CATCH THEIR BREATH

FINALLY PULLING INTO THE JUNKYARD, THE PARTY SLID TO A STOP TO CATCH THEIR BREATH. Mike jumped off his bike, helping El to sit on the grass.
"Holy...holy shit!" Dustin panted as he and Sam slid off their bike as well. "Did-did you see what she did to that van?"
"No, Dustin, we missed it." Mike rolled his eyes sarcastically.
"I mean...that-that was-" The Henderson boy tried to find the words.
"Awesome." Lucas finished for him causing El looked back at him.
"It was awesome." The Sinclair boy panted. He stepped forward and kneeled down next to the girl. "Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff...I was wrong." He admitted. "I'm sorry." He placed a comforting hand on El's shoulder.
"Friends...friends don't lie." El mumbled. "I'm sorry, too."
"Me, too." Mike jumped in, holding his hand out for a shake. Lucas stood, glanced at the boys hand, before clapping his onto it. They shared a firm shake that finally ended their unnecessary dispute.

-

LUCAS BUILT A MODEL OF THE LAB IN THE DIRT, BRIEFING THE PARTY AS MUCH AS HE COULD.
"This is Randolph Road, right here. The fence starts here and goes all they way around." The Sinclair boy explained. He placed a can in the middle. "And this is the Lab, right here. The Gate's gotta be in there somewhere. It's gotta be."
"Who owns Hawkins Lab?" Sam asked, knowing none of the boys would actually have an answer.
"The sign said Department of Energy." Lucas shrugged, also unsure of the answer.
"Department of Energy? What do you think that means?" Dustin questioned.
"It means government. Military." Mike huffed.
"Then why does it say 'Energy'?" Dustin countered.
"Just trust me, alright?" Mike diffused. "It's military. My dads told me before."
"Mike's right. There's soldiers out front." Lucas confirmed.
"Do they make lightbulbs, or something?" Dustin still didn't get it.
"No, Dust. Weapons. To fight Russians, or commies or something." Sam waved him off.
"Weapons..." Lucas glanced at El.
"Oh Jesus. This is bad." Dustin finally caught on.
"Really bad." Lucas nodded. "The place is like a fortress."
"Well, what do we do?" Dustin asked next.
"I don't know." Mike shook his head with a heavy sigh.
"We definitely can't go home." Sam ran her fingers through her hair. "We can only trust the people in this circle." Then, helicopter wings started to whoosh in the sky. The Henderson siblings glanced up.
"G-guys. Do you hear that?" Dustin asked. Once they saw the source of the sounds, they sprang into action.
"Shit, the bikes." Sam jumped up. "Get them under the bus. They can't know we're here."
"Go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled as he and the boys shoved their bikes under the broken down bus.
"Come on, come on!" Dustin urged. "Wait, it's stuck, it's stuck!"
"Hurry up! Come on!" Lucas helped Dustin shoved the bike under.
"Boys, let's go." Sam waved them in from the door of the bus. "Get down. Down!" She lowered her body as the wings of the helicopter signaled they just flew right overhead.
"Mental." Dustin panted.

Sitting in the bus was getting very boring. But as long as the helicopter wings were whipping around, Sam wasn't going to leave. Not was she going to let the kids leave.
"Mike? Are you there? Mike?" The party glanced around with furrowed brows at the noise.
"Is that Nancy?" Sam dug around the Wheeler's bag, pulling out the crackling walkie talkie.
"Mike, it's me. Nancy. Mike? If your there, answer." Mike grabbed the device and clicked the different buttons.
"Mike, we need you to answer. Sam? Is Sam there?" Nancy's voice sounded frantic and scared.
"Is that your sister?" Lucas looked to the Wheeler boy.
"Tell Sam that this is an emergency. Do you copy?" The Wheeler teens voice audibly shook.
"Okay, this is really weird." Dustin voiced. Sam grabbed for the device, but Mike smacked her hands away.
"Don't answer!" He warned.
"She said it was an emergency." Lucas spoke up.
"What if it's a trick?" Mike countered.
"It's not. She-Just trust me." Sam tried again.
"What if the bad people kidnapped her?" Mike rose his voice. "What if they're forcing her to say this?"
"We need you to answer." Nancy's voice came again.
"Like Lando Calrissian. Don't answer." Dustin compared.
"We need to know that you're there." Nancy sounded agitated. Then...
"Listen, kid, this is the chief. If you're there pick up. We know your in trouble and we know about the girl." Hopper told them. The party shared a glance.
"Why is she with the chief?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows.
"Because me and Johnathan got into a fight and the police were called. Nancy and Johnny went to the station. Shit." Sam rubbed her face.
"What?" The kids looked at Sam expectantly.
"They probably found the stuff we bought. To kill the Demogorgon. Give me that." Sam reached for the device again.
"We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over." Hopper sounded very annoyed.
Mike handed the radio to Sam. She held the side button.
"Yeah, we copy." She stated. "It's Sam. We're all here."

-

Dustin paced back and forth along the length of the bus. The party sat patiently waiting, although growing nervous by the second.
"Can you stop pacing?" Mike finally huffed out as he stared at the Henderson boy.
"It's been way to long." Dustin reminded them. "Do you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to get us right now!"
"It's not a trap! Why would the chief set us up?" Lucas groaned. "Nancy, maybe. But the chief?"
"Lando Calrissian." Dustin just pointed.
"Would you shut up about Lando?" Lucas rolled his eyes.
"I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!" Dustin yelled.
"Just shut up!" Sam shouted. "I won't let anything happen, okay? We'll be fine." Wheels crunched against the gravel. The party ran to the front where they saw two black cars pull up.
"Shit." Lucas huffed.
"Go, go, go. To the back!" Sam pushed them ahead of her.
"Lando." Dustin confirmed quietly as he slouched behind a seat.
"You think they saw us?" Lucas ignored his friend as he panted.
"Both if you, shut up." Mike glanced at the two. The slam of three car doors rang out. Sam could faintly hear footsteps getting closer and closer. She held a finger to her mouth. Just then, there was a loud groan.
"Hey!" Punches were thrown.
"What the-" More punching and another moan of pain. The party stared at the door expectingly, standing when they saw who it was.
"Okay, let's go." Hopper panted. The group just stood. "Let's go!" Hopper ordered.
"Jesus Christ, okay." Sam grabbed her bag. "Boys, get your stuff. El, stay close." They then ran after the chief.

Pulling into the Byers driveway, Joyce, Johnathan, and Nancy ran out.
"Mike? Oh, my god. Mike!" Nancy rushed over and pulled her brother into a hug. "I was so worried about you."
"Oh, uh...me too?" Mike said awkwardly. Sam rushed over and pulled Joyce into a hug.
"Is that my dress?" Nancy then asked, having locked eyes with Eleven who still wore the pink outfit.

chapter thirteen
the junkyard