episode thrityfour

solving the case

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

   STEVE AND DUSTIN HID BEHIND A PLANT, SAM STANDING BEHIND THEM WITH HER ARMS CROSSED

STEVE AND DUSTIN HID BEHIND A PLANT, SAM STANDING BEHIND THEM WITH HER ARMS CROSSED. The two of them insisted that she go hunting with them, so she did. Quickly, however, she was beginning to regret it.
"You see anything?" Dustin pushed as Steve looked around through binoculars.
"Uh, I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." The Harrington teen retorted back. Dustin rolled his eyes.
"Evil Russians." He said as if it was obvious.
"You guys look like idiots." Sam piped in, leaning against a pillar a few steps away. Steve waved her off quickly.
"I don't know what an evil Russian looks like, Henderson." He directed at the boy.
"Tall, blond, not smiling." The curly haired boy listed off. Without missing a beat, Steve turned towards Sam and smiled.
"Look, I found one!" He glanced over at Dustin, proud of his joke. The Henderson teen rolled her eyes, stepping forward and taking the binoculars from him harshly.
"Very funny." She patted him on the shoulder patronizingly before looking around the mall. "Dust, what else am I looking for?"
"Uhm, earpieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing." Her brother explained shortly.
"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Steve mumbled, snatching the binoculars back from the girl.
"What?" Dustin looked over excitedly while Sam untangled herself from the strap.
"Anna Jacobi's talking with that meathead Mark Lewinsky." The Harrington teen shook his head in disbelief.
Dustin sighed. "Dude, if you're not gonna focus, just gimme the binoculars."
"Oh, Jesus Christ, whatever happened to standards?" Steve ignored him. "I mean, Lewinsky never even came off the bench."
"Dude, you're the worst spy in history, you know that?" Dustin grabbed for the object. "Gimme those."
"Stop. Hey, stop." Steve swatted his arms away but let him take the binoculars anyway.
"I don't even get why you're looking at girls." The Henderson boy shook his head slightly. "You have the perfect one right in front of you."
"Seriously, if you say Robin again-" Steve ran a hand through his hair.
"Robin." Dustin cut him off childishly.
"No, don't." Steve tried to shush him.
"Robin, Robin, Robin." The curly haired boy repeated again and again.
"Stop. No, no, no, no."
"Robin. Robin, Robin, Robin."
"No, man. She's not even my type." Steve finally got him to shut up. "She's not in the ballpark of what my type is."
Sam leaned down so her head was in the space between them. "What was your type again? Not awesome?"
"Thank you." The brunette smiled sarcastically. "For your information, she's still in school. And she's weird. She's a weirdo. And she's hyper. I don't like that she's hyper. And she did drama, that's a bad look. And she's in band?"
Dustin sighed heavily, turning to his friend. "Now that you're out of high school, which means you're technically an adult, don't you think it's time you move on from primitive constructs such as popularity?"
"Oh, primitive constructs? That some stupid shit you learned at Camp Know Nothing?" Steve mocked, glancing at the boys hat.
"Camp Know Where, actually." Dustin corrected. "And no, it's shit I learned from life. And having Sam as my sister." The blonde in question slammed her elbow into his side quickly.
Dustin coughed before pushing on. "Instead of dating somebody you think's gonna make you cooler, why not date somebody you actually enjoy being around?"
"Well, I enjoy being around Sam. Are you suggesting I date your sister?" The Harrington teen challenged.
"No, that's different." The youngest Henderson dismissed quickly. "Just - It's like me and Suzie."
"Oh, Suzie." Steve mumbled unbelievably. "Yeah, you mean, 'hotter than Phoebe Cates'. Yeah, that Suzie. And, uh, let's think about it. How exactly did you score that beautiful girlfriend? Oh, yeah. With my advice. Because that's how this works, Henderson. I give you the advice, you follow through. Not the other way around, alright, pea-brain?"
Dustin took the binoculars from his face, giving the teen a pointedly annoyed glare. Sam sighed, shaking her head lightly at them.
"You two are idiots, you know that?" She messed up their hair jokingly. Dustin swatted her arm away silently but Steve shrieked.
"Hey, not the hair. Not the hair, Henderson!" He glared at her briefly before continuing their spying.

-

AFTER A FEW MORE MINUTES OF SITTING IN SILENCE, DUSTIN PERKED UP.
"Target acquired." The Henderson boy spoke quickly.
"Where?" Steve pushed the plant leaves from his face and looked around to no eval.
"Ten o'clock. Sam Goody's." Dustin mumbled. Steve huffed a sigh before grabbing for the binoculars.
"Give me that." He followed the suspect. "Shit. Duffel bag."
"You guys are dumb, I can see him just fine without those." Sam motioned to the binoculars. Both teens ignored her, glancing to each other with wide eyes.
"Evil Russians." They confirmed simultaneously. Sam rolled her eyes, moving quickly through the crowd to catch up with the suspicious blond man. She didn't look back for Steve or Dustin, knowing they'd make their way over eventually.

Racing up the escalator, the two brunette teens finally caught up with the calm and collected blonde.
"Oh, hey boys." Sam smiled sarcastically. Dustin didn't acknowledge her, he just grabbed her arm and pulled her forward with them.
"Slow down." The Henderson boy then warned Steve as they maneuvered through the crowd.
"We're loosing him." The Harrington teen glanced back briefly as he spoke.
"Harrington, you're getting too close." Sam tried to grab his shoulder when a passerby knocked into him.
"Watch it, dickwad!" The man scoffed as he walked, giving them a nasty glare. The blond began to turn around, and the three acted quickly.
Dustin moved to the phone, picking it up and speaking with an unconvincing monotone voice. "Hello. Yes. I am fine."
Steve grabbed Sam's waist, to tug her with him, but his momentum was too harsh considering she too, was moving. The older Henderson let out a yelp as her back collided with the wall, Steve right in front of her. His eyes moved to her lips briefly before he could stop himself.
"Shit, sorry. Are you okay?" The Harrington man mumbled, one hand resting on her hip and the other pressed to the wall.
Sam cleared her throat. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." She then glanced over to see the blond man walking off again. The blonde quickly slipped from Steve's grasp, pushing Dustin to go. They followed him around the loop before stopping behind a pillar, peeking around childishly.
The man walked into the Jazzercise room. "Alright, everyone. Listen up." He unzipped the duffel bag and ripped off his sunglasses. "I just have one question for you. Who...is ready to sweat?"
The women in the room cheered and jumped around. A disbelieving laugh came from Sam.
"Good. Okay! Let's start nice and easy now." The much less suspicious man removed his bulky jacket to reveal a small purple tank underneath it. The women cheered and clapped.
"Yeah, ladies. Let's warm it up." The instructor began moving, the women all copying swiftly.
"How did I not recognize him?" Sam shook her head at her own stupidity. "That's Jermey. He's the instructor when I go on Wednesdays." Steve and Dustin whirled their heads over to her quickly.
"You do Jazzersice?" The Henderson boy asked his sister in a judging tone.
"Do you wear that?" Steve motioned to the room full of interesting exercise wear. Sam smacked his arm quickly.
"Oh, yeah. Something similar to that girl in blue is wearing." She sent him a dramatic wink. "I'm joking. I don't dress like that ever. I usually just wear leggings and a tank top." When the Harrington. teen didn't answer, the Henderson girl smacked him upside the head.
"Get your mind out of the gutter, pervert." She shook her head, walking away swiftly.

Meandering back into Scoops Ahoy, Steve rolled his eyes at the Henderson siblings.
"Robin, you're not gonna believe who Dustin thought was a Russian." The brunette deadpanned.
"You did too." Dustin protested.
"No, I did not." Steve argued back. The Buckley girl didn't answer them, however, and pushed by. She jumped onto the rim of the fountain and looked around the crowded mall, mumbling quickly.
"Robin?" Sam was the first to rush over, jumping up as well.
"A trip to China sounds nice." She repeated again and again, looking around at all the shops. Stopping at the Imperial Panda. "A trip to China sounds nice." She glanced at Sam with a shocked smile. Giving her a second, she nodded quickly when the Henderson teen caught on.
"Holy shit, Robin." Sam laughed. "Okay, what's next?" They both looked at the translation on the notepad in Robin's hand.
"If you tread lightly." They read quietly before whipping their heads around.
"Oh, there." Sam pointed to the higher level. "Kaufman Shoes, tread lightly."
"Okay, okay." Robin agreed, thinking back to the next line. "When - When blue and yellow meet in the west."
They looked around the shops, but Robin quickly found it. "When blue meets yellow in the west." She nudged Sam and pointed to the large clock. It's hands colored blue and yellow caused the Henderson girls jaw to drop.
"Holy...shit." The blonde looked at her friend proudly.
"Sam, Robin." Steve and Dustin finally walked over to them. "What're you doing?"
"She cracked it." Sam jumped down with a dazed look on her face.
Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"
Robin jumped down next to her friend, smiling lightly. "I cracked the code."

episode thirtyfour
solving the case