episode twenty

dart

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

SAM SAT ON THE STEPS TO HER BACK DOOR, WAITING FOR HER BROTHER

SAM SAT ON THE STEPS TO HER BACK DOOR, WAITING FOR HER BROTHER. Steve didn't stay long after dropping the Henderson girl at her house. In fact, he practically broke every speeding law as he left, almost like he didn't want anyone to see he was with her. And maybe he didn't. It was obvious he's in love with Nancy, the head-over-heels kinda love.
With a sigh, Sam rested her chin on her open palm. She couldn't help but be jealous of Steve and Nancy. They seemed to have the perfect relationship, and Sam had always wanted someone to pine after her the way Steve did to Nance. But, it was just a silly thought, one Sam would probably forget in the morning. The blonde ran a hand through her hair, silently thanking the alcohol for these crazy thoughts. The faint crunch of rubber shoes on the pavement made Sam perk up. Dustin rounded the corner, not paying a lick of attention to his surroundings.
"Tubular." He said in a strange accent. "Tubular."
"Dust-" Sam stood up. Her brother, however, jumped up with a weirdly high pitched scream. Sam's eyes widened as she held her hands up in surrender.
"Jesus, Sam." Dustin placed a hand to his chest. "You scared the shit out of me."
"You're cleaning it." Sam laughed. "Anyway, if mom asks, I was with you guys the whole time. Right?"
"Yeah, yeah." Dustin waved her off. "Oh! MadMax showed up. But then Will got spooked and Mike walked him home. He's being kind of an..." The Henderson boy trailed off, glancing to the trash bin behind him that suddenly rattled and shrieked. "Ass." He finished.
"You heard that too?" Sam asked rhetorically, taking a step to her brother protectively.
"Yeah." He nodded absentmindedly. Another low roar was heard.
"Mews? Is that-" Sam called out, quickly jumping back when the bin shook violently, causing Dustin to drop his candy bag in shock.
"Stay here." Sam mumbled before taking careful steps forward.
"No, Sam!" Dustin grasped for her shirt, ultimately missing. "Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit." The Henderson boy repeated as he walked behind his sister.
Another wet chitter came from the bin as they got closer. It rocked back and forth.
"You ready?" Sam glanced to her brother.
"For what?" He whisper-yelled.
"I don't know just-watch my back, okay?" Sam sighed, shaking out her arms before grabbing the handle of the lid and yanking it back. Dustin let out a war cry and aimed the very fake gun from his costume inside the bin. Stopping short, Sam peered inside as well. But, it couldn't be real. No way.
"Holy shit." The siblings said simultaneously.
"Grab the...grab-grab the ghost trap." Dustin motioned over his shoulder.
"What?" Sam glanced away from the trash can.
"The trap! Get the trap!" Dustin yelled.
"Okay, okay! Jesus." Sam grabbed the handmade contraption and passed it to her brother. "What are you gonna to with it?"
"Trap it." He replied snakily, as if it was obvious.
"Uhm, no?" Sam put the lid over the bin again. "That thing looks like a giant booger, you're not bringing it into the house."
"Sam, move." Dustin pushed her shoulder.
"No, you move!" Sam kicked his shin.
"Ow, bitch!" Dustin scoffed. "This is for science!"
"Science my ass." Sam groaned, caving under the pressure and fear and moving away from the bin. "If it eats you, I'm gonna kill you."
"It won't eat me." Dustin rolled his eyes. "It's basically the size of your brain." Sam smacked his arm in retaliation.
"Ow!" Dustin grumbled again.
"Just get your damn booger so we can go inside." Sam crossed her arms.