episode thirtyeight

separated

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

   THE TRIO SHARED A FEARFUL GLANCE, NODDING THEIR CONFIRMATION

"The Gate."

Rushing down the steps, Robin rambled. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?"
"Not exactly." Steve dismissed vaguely.
"Then what, exactly?" The Buckley teen glanced back.
"All you need to know is that it's bad." Dustin retorted.
"Very, very bad." Sam added on.
"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kinda bad." The Henderson boy rambled.
Robin stopped them. "And you all know about this how?"
"Uhm, Steve. Where's your Russian friend?" Erica changed the subject, looking at the now empty floor. And as if on cue, an alarm began to blare. The Harrington teen rushed to the door, pulling it open.
"Halt! Halt!" A soldier began running towards them. Sam pushed the door closed, urging the others back up the stairs.
"Go, up. Up, up, up." The blonde pushed them into motion.
They raced up the steps, pulling open one door before rushing through another.
"Move. Let's go!" Steve encouraged. Stopping short as the group of scientists stared at the kids in confusion.
"Go! Shit, shit, shit." The brunette mumbled. "Go, go, go!"
"Hurry up, you guys. Go!" Sam urged, running down another flight of stairs.
A man in hazmat stood in the way, so Dustin shrieked and pushed him back, allowing the others to run by.
The weapon opening the gate rippled with energy right next to them.
"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin shouted.
"Guards!" Erica warned. Steve pulled the group back into montion quickly.
"This way!" He yelled, shoving another hazmat clad man off the stairs. They ran through another doorway, Steve and Sam pushing their weight against it forcefully.
"Help me, come on!" Steve montions Robin over as the kids pull up a grate.
"Here, let's go! Come on!" Erica shouts over the commotion.
"Go! Just get out of here!" Steve waved them off, glancing to the blonde. "Sam, you have to go with them."
"What? No! Robin can go." The Henderson's voice cracked from all the yelling.
"You can't stay, you're knee." Harrington panted. "Just go, please."
With a glance to her brother, the blonde sighed.
"We're coming back." She told them firmly.
"Okay, okay. Just go!" The Buckley teen yelped as she foot slipped.
"Sam, come on!" Dustin yelled from the hole. "We have to go, come on!"
"Sam! Keep them safe!" Steve panted. "Now go, get us some help! Go!"
Sam huffed, diving down into the hole and slamming the door after herself. After a second, Robin glanced to her friend.
"You swear you're not in love with her?" She joked with a light chuckle. The brunette was unable to answer as the door was thrown open, the two sliding along the tiled flooring.

-

AFTER SCRAMBLING FAR ENOUGH AWAY, SAM STOPPED. She leaned her back against the wall, her breathing growing in speed as tears stung her eyes.
"God, they're so stupid!" The blonde slammed her palm to the ground. Dustin glanced at Erica before crouching down to his sister.
"Sam, I know you're worried about them. I know you are." He spoke calmly through his heavy breathing. "I'm worried about them too, trust me. But if we sit here and panic, they will get hurt."
Sam nodded quickly, taking a deep breath. "I know, I know." She glanced over the kids. "Are you guys okay? You're not hurt?"
"No." Erica panted. Sam sighed in relief.
"Okay. Alright." She took another deep breath, placing her hands on their heads comfortingly.